A UCLA report states that California will recover from the pandemic faster than the rest of the country. On today's Insight, we discuss California's economic outlook, the budget surplus, and what's in store for the nation as we get out of the pandemic-induced recession. We'll also hear about Nevada's economic outlook with a UNR professor and the Tahoe Prosperity Center. Plus, a check-in with Dr. Dean Blumberg about the pandemic outlook as more get vaccinated.
- State Department of Finance spokesman H.D. Palmer breaks down how the federal COVID relief bill will inject more funds into California and in what ways the state will use the money
- UCLA Anderson School of Management Senior Economist Dr. Leo Feler explains the forecast for the US economy and how California differs from the rest of the nation
- University of Nevada, Reno, the College of Business Assistant Research Professor Dr. Frederick Steinmann will discuss Nevada's economic forecast.
- Tahoe Prosperity Center Chief Executive Officer Heidi Hill Drum drills down on the North Tahoe economy and how it differs from other parts of the state and the prognosis for an economic rebound in 2021.
- UC Davis Medical Center Chief of Pediatric Infectious Diseases Dr. Dean Blumberg discusses the precautions people should take as more receive the COVID-19 vaccine and counties begin to move into less restrictive tiers