Midday Classical Announcer
Classical Communiqué Classical blog
Discussing the way classical music touches the mind and the heart.
February 24, 2021
Mandolinist Avi Avital hits the reset button on life to switch focus to his new album, 'Art of the Mandolin.' He shares his excitement of bringing together the plucked string family on New Classical Tracks.
February 17, 2021
This week on New Classical Tracks, Brandon Patrick George talks about his debut solo album, challenging what you think about the flute, and performing with Imani Winds.
February 10, 2021
Clarinetist Mark Dover and bassoonist Monica Ellis from Imani Winds have created a legacy promoting Black excellence in classical music. Their new recording, 'Bruits,' is no different.
February 3, 2021
Matt Haimovitz finally has his cello back more than a year and a half after breaking it, just in time for the release of a new recording with pianist Mari Kodama.
January 27, 2021
This week on New Classical Tracks, pianist Orli Shaham talks about the joy she found recording all 18 Mozart piano sonatas during the pandemic.
January 20, 2021
This week on New Classical Tracks, horn player Sarah Willis talks about her project with the Havana Lyceum Orchestra, "Mozart Y Mambo," which presents Mozart with a Cuban flair.
January 13, 2021
Cellist Ofra Harnoy talks about the love for her new home in Newfoundland and how it inspired her album "On The Rock."
January 11, 2021
This car choir solution is one that accomplished baritone David Newman came up with so that ensembles could sing "together." The method uses microphones, a mixer, an FM transmitter and car radios.
January 6, 2021
Cellist Yo-Yo Ma talks about the feeling and emotions that went into his new album, "Songs of Comfort and Hope," and how music can help us weather the storm of the pandemic.
More From CapRadio Music
Classical Music Director and Morning Classical Host
- New Classical Tracks: Avi Avital Loves His Plucked String Family
- New Classical Tracks: Brandon Patrick George Explores The Endless Possibilities Of The Flute
- New Classical Tracks: Imani Winds Promote Black Excellence
- New Classical Tracks: Matt Haimovitz Welcomes Back His Cherished Cello
- The Music Of Lunar New Year
- Ear To Ear: Celebrating Today’s Black Classical Composers
- New Classical Tracks: Pianist Orli Shaham Finds Joy In Mozart Amid Pandemic
- New Classical Tracks: Sarah Willis mambos with Mozart on project with the Havana Lyceum Orchestra
- New Classical Tracks: Ofra Harnoy Finds Inspiration In Newfoundland
- Car Concerts Offer Choirs A Way To Rehearse And Perform
- New Classical Tracks: Yo-Yo Ma Reflects On The Emotions Of The Pandemic
- Ear To Ear: Classical Artists Who Got Us Through 2020
- New Classical Tracks: Eric Whitacre And Charles Anthony Silvestri Join Forces On 'The Sacred Veil'
- Music And Mayhem: A Diary Of Classical Albums For A Troubled 2020
- New Classical Tracks: The 5 Browns Take A Journey With Childhood Memories
- New Classical Tracks: Midori Takes A COVID Detour With Beethoven's Violin Concerto
- Harold Budd's Music Was Heaven On Earth
- Redemption And Connection: Lara Downes Talks With Davóne Tines
- New Classical Tracks: Irish-American Choral Recording Invites Us All To Be Merry
- Ear To Ear: December Around The World
- Provocation and Follow-Through: Julia Bullock Talks With Lara Downes
- New Classical Tracks: Jonah Kim And Sean Kennard Reunite To Perform Pieces From Their Youth
- New Classical Tracks: Hélène Grimaud Explores The Spiritual Nature Of Mozart
- Time Warps, Dolphins And Baptism: Helga Davis Talks With Lara Downes
- New Classical Tracks: Christopher Tin's 'To Shiver the Sky' Encourages Listeners To Take Flight
- Ear To Ear: Classical Music Infused
- 'In The Act Of Living, You're A Revolutionary': Anthony McGill Talks With Lara Downes
- New Classical Tracks: EDM Mixes With Classical Music On Michael Torke's 'Being'
- In Lara Downes' New Series, Black Musicians Rise To A Pivotal Moment
- New Classical Tracks: iSing Silicon Valley Empowers Members And Listeners Alike
- 'A Chance Of A Great Spiritual Awakening': Rhiannon Giddens Talks With Lara Downes
- Ear To Ear: Diversity, Equity And Inclusion Efforts At University Of The Pacific’s Conservatory Of Music
- Voter Soundtrack: Relaxing Classical Music For Filling In Your Ballot
- New Classical Tracks: Simone Dinnerstein Shares Her 'Character of Quiet'
- New Classical Tracks: ARC Ensemble Records The Music Of Walter Kaufmann For The First Time
- Interview: Caroline Shaw On Her New Album, Carl Sagan, And What It Was Like Working With Kanye West
- New Classical Tracks: Caroline Shaw Asks Us To Listen On Recording With Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra
- New Classical Tracks: Helen Chang Haertzen Takes Us Down 'American Avenues'
- New Classical Tracks: Jake Runestad And Kantorei Share Music For Our Time
- Ear To Ear: Around The World In Six Songs
- Interview: Composer Aida Shirazi On Music, Success And Her Iranian Upbringing
- New Classical Tracks: Cellist Inbal Segev Invites Us To Dance With A New Concerto
- Víkingur Ólafsson: Tiny Desk (Home) Concert
- New Classical Tracks: Ola Gjeilo Showcases The Soul Of New York City in 'Night'
- New Classical Tracks: Violinist Lara St. John Joins Forces With Pianist Matt Herskowitz In The Key Of A Major
- Ear To Ear: What’s New On CapRadio’s Classical Airwaves
- New Classical Tracks: Pianist Stephen Hough Brings Beethoven's Piano Concertos Into The 21st Century
- New Classical Tracks: Composer Mark Abel Takes Us On A Journey To 'The Cave Of Wondrous Voice'
- New Classical Tracks: Pianist Shai Wosner Shares How Schubert's Music Is Perfect For Our Times
- Resources For Applying For Sacramento’s Creative Economy Recovery Grants
- New Classical Tracks: Angele Dubeau Offers Meditative Music From Contemporary Composers
- Introducing SymphonyCast: Featuring Top Orchestras And Soloists From America And Beyond
- Ear To Ear: Classical Goes Jazz
- New Classical Tracks: Helen Chang Haertzen Takes Us Down 'American Avenues' On Latest Release
- New Classical Tracks: Sharon Isbin Shows Her 'Affinity' For Music Around The Globe
- Violinist Chase Spruill On Experiencing Classical As A Black Musician
- On Juneteenth, Celebrating Black Americans In Classical Music
- New Classical Tracks: Oratorio Shines A Light On Underground Railroad Conductor William Still
- A List Of Live Virtual Concerts To Watch During The Coronavirus Shutdown
- New Classical Tracks: In Latest Release, Cellist Hee-Young Lim Dives Into Russian Sonatas
- Ear To Ear: Turning To Music For Hope (By Accident) During COVID-19
- New Classical Tracks: Guitarist Sharon Isbin Forays Into Indian Classical Music With 'Strings for Peace'
- Coronavirus Has Taken Live Music Away. This Performer Doesn't Miss It.
- New Classical Tracks: 20-Year-Old Cello Phenom Sheku Kanneh-Mason Releases Second Solo Album
- New Classical Tracks: Cellist Ofra Harnoy Reenergizes Her Career As She Gets 'Back To Bach'
- Anthony Davis Wins Pulitzer Prize For His Opera 'The Central Park Five'
- Ear To Ear: A Brief History of Humanity and Adversity Immortalized in Classical Music
- New Classical Tracks: Bluegrass Banjo Picking And Irish Fiddle Tunes Inspire Michael Torke's 'Sky'
- New Classical Tracks: Black Oak Ensemble's Debut Album Pays Tribute To 6 Jewish Composers
- New Classical Tracks: After Devastating Injury, Milos Karadaglic Returns With Deeply Personal Album
- When Pandemics Arise, Composers Carry On
- New Classical Tracks: Composer Ludovico Einaudi Turns Daily Walk Into Seven-Part Musical Journey
- Ear to Ear: Celebrating Classical Music & Poetry This April
- Sacramento Piano Prodigy Parker Van Ostrand Has Wisdom And Talent Beyond His Years
- Watch Live: Lara Downes To Livestream Album Release This Friday For Coronavirus Relief
- New Classical Tracks: Concertmaster Margaret Batjer Shares Music Of Comfort And Hope
- Free Classical Concerts You Can Listen To And Watch Online
- New Classical Tracks: Violinist Tessa Lark Wears Her Kentucky Roots With Pride On Solo Debut Album
- New Classical Tracks: Neave Trio Celebrates The Music Of Trailblazing Women On 'Her Voice'
- Ear To Ear: Musical Mishaps In The Life Of A Professional Pianist
- Full Circle: When Being A Professional Musician Means Taking The Stage With Your Idols
- Union Official Resigns Over Domingo Investigation, Confirms He Gave Media Information
- New Classical Tracks: Violinist Rachel Barton Pine Records 'Headbanger' Concerto
- Revisiting Beethoven's Beloved, Radical Symphonies For His 250th Birthday
- Union Says Plácido Domingo Engaged In 'Inappropriate Activity'
- Musician Plays Her Violin During Brain Surgery
- 19th Amendment, 19 Women: NY Philharmonic's 2020 Program Celebrates Suffragists
- Interview: Ahn Trio’s Angella Ahn On Performing With Her Sisters, Classical Music In Montana
- New Classical Tracks: Pianist Wei Luo Explores Themes Of War And Death On Solo Debut
- Ear To Ear: 10 Classical Music Artists To Watch In 2020
- New Classical Tracks: Joyful Holiday Memories Inspire New Christmas Album By The 5 Browns
- New Classical Tracks: Stile Antico's Third Christmas Album Celebrates 16th-Century Spain
- 10 Classical Albums To Usher In The Next Decade
- The Music And Morality Of Beethoven's Mighty Ninth
- Opera Star Vittorio Grigolo Fired By Metropolitan Opera, Royal Opera
- Ensemble Mik Nawooj Joins American River College Orchestra To 'Bring Hip-Hop Into The Concert Hall'
- Recreating A Bach Kaffehaus Through Twitter, Skype, And Lots Of Caffeine
- Ear To Ear: CapRadio Classical Hosts’ Picks For Best Music Of The Decade
- Famed Conductor Mariss Jansons, 76, Has Died
- Gabriela Ortiz's 'Yanga' Makes Its Debut With The LA Philharmonic
- Powerful Lungs And Long-Spun Lines: Cecilia Bartoli Conjures Farinelli
- New Classical Tracks: Pianist Wei Luo Explores Themes Of War And Death On Solo Debut
- Met Opera Chief Peter Gelb Renews His Contract Through 2027
- New Classical Tracks: New York Polyphony Premieres Recently Discovered Works On 'Lamentationes'
- Kanye West Announces An Opera (Which Isn't As Crazy As It Sounds)
- New Classical Tracks: Louis Langree Premieres Two New Editions Of Gershwin's 'An American In Paris'
- New Classical Tracks: Anne-Sophie Mutter And John Williams Rework Classic Hollywood Themes
- Festival Of New American Music Performance Explores The Intersection Of Music And Science
- Ear To Ear: Here’s What CapRadio’s Classical Hosts Are Loving This November
- After Nearly Losing His Voice To Cancer, Anthony Roth Costanzo Takes On 'Akhnaten'
- Conductor and Composer Raymond Leppard — A Champion Of The Old And The New — Has Died
- New Classical Tracks: Rachel Fuller Commemorates The Lives Of Lost Pets With 'Animal Requiem'
- New Classical Tracks: Sharon Isbin And Pacifica Quartet Celebrate Musical Links Between Italy And Spain
- New Classical Tracks: Brooklyn Rider Teams Up With Irish Fiddler Martin Hayes On New Album
- New Classical Tracks: John Lunn's New 'Downton Abbey' Film Score Is Fit For A King (And Queen)
- Composer Hildur Guðnadóttir Finds The Humanity In 'Joker'
- New Classical Tracks: Film Composer Danny Elfman's 'Wild Ride' Continues With Classical Album
- Ear To Ear: Here’s What CapRadio’s Classical Hosts Are Loving This October
- Opera Singer Jessye Norman Dies At 74
- Met Opera Faces 'One More Catastrophic Crisis' As Employees Must Work With Domingo
- Why Is American Classical Music So White?
- New Classical Tracks: Yolanda Kondonassis Premieres New Harp Concerto By Jennifer Higdon In 'American Rapture'
- Baltimore Symphony Orchestra And Musicians Continue To Clash As New Season Approaches
- Report: 11 More Women Accuse Plácido Domingo Of Sexual Misconduct
- New Classical Tracks: 'Mighty Boutique Orchestra' Celebrates Diverse Women Composers In 'Project W'
- Ear To Ear: Here’s What CapRadio’s Classical Hosts Are Loving This September
- New Album From Lara Downes Captures Classical Music's Greatest Love Story
- Lift Every Voice: Marian Anderson, Florence B. Price And The Sound Of Black Sisterhood
- Sunday Baroque Host Suzanne Bona Visits CapRadio For Live Performance With Jennifer Reason
- New Classical Tracks: Conspirare Showcases Jake Runestad's Choral Music In New Album
- Marian Anderson: The Most Modest Trailblazer
- New Classical Tracks: Pianist Haochen Zhang Offers A Fresh Take On Tchaikovsky And Prokofiev
- New Classical Tracks: Prolific 'Outsider Composer' Rick Sowash Finds Inspiration In Ohio Roots
- Report: Plácido Domingo Accused Of Sexual Harassment By Multiple Women
- In a Family Filled With Musicians, A Young Pianist Finds Her Voice
- New Classical Tracks: Bach And Beatles Go Hand-In-Hand In Janoska Ensemble's 'Revolution'
- Ear To Ear: Here’s What CapRadio’s Classical Hosts Are Loving This August
- New Classical Tracks: Pianist Anna Shelest Honors Women Composers In 'Donna Voce'
- Opera Star David Daniels Indicted For Sexual Assault In Texas
- 'Blind Injustice' Opera Sets Out To Open Eyes About Wrongful Conviction Rates
- Want To Share Your CapRadio Story With Other Listeners? Great!
- New Opera 'Blue' Takes On The Tragedy Of Police Brutality
- 'Rigoletto' In Vegas And The Pleasures Of The Metropolitan Opera
- New Classical Tracks: Italian Astronomer Galileo Inspires A New Collection Of Irish Music
- New Classical Tracks: Anthony And Demarre McGill Soar With 'Winged Creatures'
- New Classical Tracks: Composer Ludovico Einaudi Turns Daily Walk Into Seven-Part Musical Journey
- Playlist: American Classical Music For Your Fourth Of July
- Chinese Company Backs Out Of Controversial Choir College Purchase
- Ear To Ear: Here’s What CapRadio’s Classical Hosts Are Loving This July
- New Classical Tracks: Trumpeter Mary Bowden Explores The Purity And Power Of Sound
- Opposites Attract: Two Violin Concertos In The Hands Of A Master
- 'Stonewall' Opera Marks Uprising's 50th Anniversary
- New Classical Tracks: Sacramento Pianist Lara Downes Celebrates The Power And Artistic Legacy Of Women In New Album
- Baltimore Symphony Orchestra Locks Out Musicians As Contract Dispute Continues
- New Classical Tracks: Itamar Zorman Celebrates Music Of Paul Ben-Haim In 'Evocation'
- Pavarotti Documentary Misses All The Right Notes
- New Classical Tracks: Violinist Renaud Capucon Soars An Album Of Iconic Film Music
- America's Largest Musicians' Union Announces Pension Cuts
- Kishi Bashi Uses The History Of Japanese Internment To Explore America Today
- 'How Shostakovich Changed My Mind' Touches On The Music-Body Connection
- Meet Jennifer Reason, CapRadio’s New Midday Classical Host
- Top Dutch Orchestra And Ousted Conductor Daniele Gatti Settle Dispute
- After The Flames, Notre Dame's Centuries-Old Organ May Never Be The Same Again
- André Previn, Musical Polymath, Has Died At Age 89
- Top Flutist Settles Gender Pay-Gap Suit With Boston Symphony Orchestra
- An Italian Town Fell Silent So The Sounds Of A Stradivarius Could Be Preserved
- Violinist Who Made Premiere Recording Of Florence Price Works Comes To Sacramento
- Playlist: Classical Selections For Your Valentine's Day
- Music On Wheels Program Lifts Seniors’ Spirits With Live Classical Performances
- CapRadio Music's Spooky Classical Playlist To Celebrate Halloween
- Major Themes: Top Picks In Classical Music, From 'Joan the Mad' To 'Matthew Shepard'
- Two More Women Accuse Violinist William Preucil Of Misconduct
- The Rise Of The LA Philharmonic To 'America's Most Important Orchestra'
- The Tale Of The Stolen Totenberg Stradivarius Ends With A New Legacy
- George Walker, Trailblazing American Composer, Dies At 96
- There Would Be No 'West Side Story' If Bernstein Had Listened To His Classical Mentor
- On TV, Bernstein Opened A Gateway To Classical Music For Young And New Audiences
- Composing Or Conducting, Bernstein Created Music
- Bernstein's Music Reveals Much About The Composer's Personal Struggles — And Joys
- Minnesota Orchestra Honors Nelson Mandela By Bringing Music To South Africa
- After Criticism, Philadelphia Orchestra Adds Female Composers To Its New Season
- Christian Tetzlaff: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just The Violinist
- Max Richter's 'Blue Notebooks' Offers Moving Portrait For Elisabeth Moss
- The Sound Of Silence: Female Composers At The Symphony
- New Classical Tracks: Joshua Bell Records Bruch's Scottish Fantasy For First Time
- New Classical Tracks: Rosen And Artymiw Partner For Mendelssohn Album
- New Classical Tracks: Kazem Abdullah Evokes Conflict, Love In New Ravel Recording
- New Classical Tracks: Angela Hewitt Explores Beethoven's Piano Sonatas
- Live Classical Music Listings
- New Classical Tracks: Francisco Fullana Explores Past And Present of 'Four Seasons'
- Classical Selections In Honor Of Memorial Day
- New Classical Tracks: Rachel Podger And Brecon Baroque Reimagine 'Four Seasons'
- Pianist Simone Dinnerstein Will Find A Way
- New Classical Tracks: Patricia Kopatchinskaja And The SPCO Win A Grammy With Schubert
- Simone Dinnerstein's 'Circles' Shares A Common Language With Bach & Glass
- New Classical Tracks: Norman Krieger Climbs Musical Mountains With London Symphony Orchestra
- Tchaikovsky Vs. Brahms: The Storm Before the Calm
- New Classical Tracks: Kantorei Explores Music Of Arnesen In 'Infinity'
- Panning For Gold And Self-Awareness In John Adams' New Opera
- Artist Of The Week: Antonin Kubalek
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky: An Inspiration
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky, Renowned Baritone, Dies At 55
- Davis Pianist Gives Extended Sneak Peek Into Upcoming Album
- A Fateful Meeting
- What Writers Listen To As They Write, And Readers As They Read
- Artist Of The Week: Yuja Wang
- Sinister And Supernatural Selections For Halloween
- Artist Of The Week: Pepe Romero
- 'Like Electricity': Jascha Heifetz Made His American Debut 100 Years Ago
- Artist Of The Week: Maurizio Pollini
- Opera Director Yuval Sharon Awarded MacArthur 'Genius' Grant
- Artist Of The Week: Rachel Barton Pine
- Singing With New Lungs In 'The Encore'
- Bill Murray And Jan Vogler Take Us To 'New Worlds' On Their New Theatrical Album
- Artist Of The Week: Lang Lang
- Artist Of The Week: Sharon Isbin
- Solar Soundtrack: The CapRadio Music Eclipse Playlists
- The Sun, The Moon And A String Quartet: Kronos Plays Live To The Solar Eclipse
- Artist Of The Week: Klaus Thunemann
- Forebears: Maria Callas, The Divine Voice Of Classical Music
- Artist Of The Week: Martha Argerich
- Carrie Detwiler's Classical Moment
- Jo Culberson's Classical Moment
- Kay Tiffany's Classical Moment
- Sherry Rebstock And Leslie Chandler's Classical Moment
- Ann Cline's Classical Moment
- Richard Eric Worrell's Classical Moment
- Robert Presto's Classical Moment
- Jane Van Camp's Classical Moment
- Eloise Weiler's Classical Moment
- Dan Baldwin's Classical Moment
- Virginia Squire's Classical Moment
- David Kassler's Classical Moment
- Lyra Halprin's Classical Moment
- Mary Westfall's Classical Moment
- Debby McClatchy's Classical Moment
- Patrick Kenealey's Classical Moment
- Dan Tajbl's Classical Moment
- Eve Buckledorf's Classical Moment
- Teresa Harbert's Classical Moment
- Leslie Peacock's Classical Moment
- Patrick Wall's Classical Moment
- Barbara Brown's Classical Moment
- John Hingtgen's Classical Moment
- Don Burns' Classical Moment
- Chuck Vanderpool's Classical Moment
- Jeri Nylund's Classical Moment
- Judy Avila's Classical Moment
- Brian Schutt's Classical Moment
- Bryon Steiner's Classical Moment
- Eileen McCauly's Classical Moments
- Jason Baynes' Classical Moment
- Walt Hammonds' Classical Moment (1)
- Mike McMullen's Classical Moment
- Dierdre Wolownick's Classical Moment
- Debby Nelson's Classical Moment
- Tony Seton's Classical Moment
- Bertram Chatham's Classical Moment
- Dr. Douglas Chadwick's Classical Moment
- Letische Bevan's Classical Moment
- Doris Loughner's Classical Moment
- Remembering Pauline Oliveros, Composer Known For 'Deep Listening'
- Hammered: Pounding Out The Excess In Mahler's Sixth Symphony
- Mr. Noseda Goes To Washington: The Capital's Orchestra Gets A New Leader
- Joyce DiDonato On Why Art Matters In The Midst Of Chaos
- The Transatlantic Collaboration Behind Wynton Marsalis' New Violin Concerto
- Popular Northern California Classical Music Conductor Henrik Jul-Hansen Has Died
- 240 Hours, 22 Pounds: A Mammoth Mozart Box Set Aims At More Than 'Complete'
- Piano Prodigy Ray Ushikubo, A Talented Teenager With An Old Soul
- Violinist Daniel Hope Joins Up With New Century Chamber Orchestra
- Steve Reich At 80: The Phases Of A Lifetime In Music
- Despite Busy Concert Schedule Violinist Karen Gomyo Finds Time To Tango
- Neville Marriner, Who Recorded The Beloved Soundtrack to 'Amadeus,' Has Died
- First Impressions: A Guide To New Music In The New Season
- Killing Me Sharply With Her Song: The Improbable Story Of Florence Foster Jenkins
- These 250-Plus Violins Are About To Be Owned By The U.S. Government
- Tiny Desk Concert: Rachel Barton Pine
- In The Sounds Of Jason Bourne's World, A Story Of Creation And Loss
- Meet New Classical Morning Host Kevin Doherty
- 'Behold': Moondog With A French Twist
- Composer Chris Brubeck Honors Conductor Peter Jaffe With New Work
- Opera And Jazz Mingle In 'Charlie Parker's Yardbird'
- Young Musicians Blossom In Baltimore's OrchKids Program
- It's Not Rocket Science For Classical Guitarist Sharon Isbin
- New Research Reveals Rachmaninoff's Secret Career
- Joe Kye And VOX Musica In The Studio
- Sacramento Philharmonic And Opera Executive Director Alice Sauro
- Two Sacramento Women Compete In Opera's Biggest Competition
- Pianist Lara Downes On Insight
- Sound Advice: Sac State's New Millennium Concert Series
- From Football To Opera: Singer Morris Robinson Takes Center Stage
- Eclectic Cellist Tina Guo Performs In-Studio
- Jaap van Zweden Named New Music Director Of The New York Philharmonic
- A Young Afghan Pianist Plays For His Country's Future
- Bassoonist Takes Center Stage With Stockton Symphony
- The Philadelphia Orchestra Brings Vienna To Carnegie Hall
- French Composer Pierre Boulez Dies At 90
- Startup Aims To Give Classical Musicians An Online Bump
- Remembering Kurt Masur, The Conductor Who Rebuilt The New York Philharmonic
- A New Music Journey From The U.S. To Havana
- Snowflakes and Troubled Hearts: A New Holiday Song By Nico Muhly
- 'We Use Music To Understand Where We Are': David Lang On The Music Of 'Youth'
- 'An Object Of Pure Mathematics': Organist Cameron Carpenter On His Instrument
- Symphonic Sidebars: Jean Sibelius, Nordic Nature Beyond The Boundaries
- One Feisty Victorian Woman's Opera Revived
- Jon Vickers, Intense Canadian Tenor, Dies At 88
- Classical Composers' Feathered Influences
- Simone Dinnerstein On A Trip To Cuba And Making Music Out Of Difficulty
- Ticket Giveaway - Bear Valley Music Festival
- Amateur Musicians Go Pro With The Baltimore Symphony
- Symphonic Sidebars: Gustav Mahler, The Sorrowful And The Sublime
- Unearthed In A Library, 'Voodoo' Opera Rises Again
- Gunther Schuller, Who Bridged Classical Music And Jazz, Dies At 89
- No Riots But Plenty Of Reaction To Stravinsky's The Rite Of Spring
- How To Annoy Your Dad: Play The Harpsichord
- Your Guide To This Summer's Classical Music Festivals
- Renaissance Vocal Ensemble, Chanticleer, To Perform Pieces From Imperial Spain
- A 25-Year-Old Opera Composer Who Does It All
- For Benedictine Monks, The Joy Of Making Albums And Beer
- Met Opera And Public Radio Host Margaret Juntwait Dies
- Tiny Desk Concert: Jason Vieaux And Yolanda Kondonassis
- Chanticleer's Colorful Anchorman
- When This 9-Year-Old Pianist Plays, He Feels The Music
- Symphonic Sidebars: Mystic, Melodic, Melancholic Music Of Ralph Vaughan Williams
- After 42 Years, Juilliard String Quartet Cellist To Step Down
- Minnesota Orchestra Live From Cuba - Listen At 5 p.m.
- Crocker Classical Concert Ticket Giveaway: French Connection, Natsuki Fukasawa And Igor Veligan
- Lang Lang Live At The Met Museum
- Ticket Giveaway - Andrea Bocelli
- Roomful Of Teeth: A Vocal Group That's 'A Band, Not A Choir'
- How The Met Opera's Chorus Master Gets 150 To Sound Like One
- In 'Song Of Lahore,' A Race To Revive Pakistani Classical Music
- Artist Interview: Violinist Hilary Hahn Talks About Working With 27 Different Composers On Recent Encore Project
- Philip Glass On Legacy: 'The Future ... It's All Around Us'
- Violinist Hilary Hahn Remembers Her Earliest Influences
- Symphonic Sidebars: The Dane whose Musical Mentor Was Mendelssohn - Niels Gade
- Symphonic Sidebars: A Third Symphony From A “Rodney Dangerfield” Composer
- First Listen: Missy Mazzoli, 'Vespers For A New Dark Age'
- Pretty Yende: An Opera Star Whose Rise Began With A Fall
- Sviatoslav Richter: The Pianist Who Made The Earth Move
- The 'Irish Melodies' Of Poet Thomas Moore
- Oboist Reclaims Mozart's Lost Contemporaries
- Let Ethan Hawke Introduce You To A Fine, Forgotten Pianist
- These Tunes Are Music To Your Cats' Furry Ears
- Young Composer's Work Dropped For Nazi Melody
- Bryan Hymel's Hefty High Cs
- Symphonic Sidebars: A Guide To Symphonies That Are Anything But Ordinary
- VOX Musica Shares Choral Music With Sacramento Students
- The Knights, Steve Reich: 'Duet' For Two Violins And Strings
- JoAnn Falletta's Top 10 Valentine's Day Playlist
- A Friday Surprise: Alan Gilbert Will Leave The New York Philharmonic
- Bookspan: Classical Music’s Little Giant: Franz Schubert
- Aldo Ciccolini, An Italian Pianist With A French Soul, Dies At Age 89
- Anderson & Roe's Personalized Bach
- Fifty Years Of Steve Reich's 'It's Gonna Rain'
- Symphonic Sidebars: Igor Stravinsky’s Fantastic First
- John Luther Adams' Ode To Sundogs
- What We Love And Hate About 'Mozart In The Jungle'
- Portland Cello Project Showcases The Cello's Range And Elliott Smith's Songwriting
- Marian Anderson's Groundbreaking Met Opera Moment
- Classical TED Talk: The Transformative Power Of Classical Music
- Bookspan: Arabian Nights, Zoological Fun And A Well “Organized” Symphony
- Steinway Bids Farewell To Its Historic Hall
- Dessa: Something Old And Something New, Suitable For Choir
- Top Five Classical CDs From 2014 Selected From Classical Sound Advice
- A Bicentennial For Boston's Handel And Haydn Society
- Holiday Music Fills State Capitol Rotunda
- In The Italian Alps, Stradivari's Trees Live On
- Classical Grammy Nominees 2015
- Play It Again, Sean: Symphony of 1000 Telecasts Announced
- Bookspan: It’s Not Just Kids Stuff – Prokofiev, Rachmaninoff And Ravel
- Musicians' Brains Really Do Work Differently — In A Good Way
- Uncovering The Heart Of Chopin — Literally
- Metropolitan Opera Expands Audience With Live Broadcasts To Theaters
- Competition And Concerts Fill FeNAM's Final Weekend
- Fidelio Trio Caps FeNAM Wednesday Schedule
- FeNAM Continues With Mohammed Fairouz Keynote; Performances And Classes
- Festival Of New American Music Features Diverse Performers And Classes
- Kid Pan Alley Project Inspires Central Valley Students To Write, Produce Songs
- Modesto Symphony Orchestra Presents Beethoven, Tchaikovsky And Sibelius
- Bookspan: The Best of Mozart
- A Violin Concerto Back From Beyond The Grave
- Maya Beiser Shreds The Cello
- Artist Interviews On Insight: Pianist Tanya Vegvary Plescia
- Opera About 1985 Achille Lauro Hijacking Draws Protests At Met (1)
- Postlude To A Kiss: Scriabin's Raging 'Poem Of Ecstasy'
- After 200 Years, A Schubert Song Still Resonates
- The Case Of The Stolen Stradivarius
- Symphony Of 1000 Becomes A Reality, Is Largest Orchestra Ever Assembled In California
- An Inviting Apocalypse
- LA Philharmonic Live: Dudamel, Mahler And New Music
- Carnegie Hall Live: An Opening Night Gala With The Berlin Philharmonic
- Bookspan: One Of The Most Congenial Of Composers And One Of The Most Maniacal.
- A Pianist Hears Chopin From Inside His Instrument
- This Is Your Brain. This Is Your Brain On Music
- Watch A Sweet Little Butterfly Nearly Crush A Woman's Hopes And Dreams
- The Electric Saxophone: Sampen And Bunce Add Dimension To Contemporary Classical Music
- Five New Classical Videos You Need To See To Believe
- Great Expectations: A New Season of New Music
- Bookspan: A Dramatic Concerto And Three Monumental Symphonies.
- Crocker’s Classical Concert Series: Trio MoD—Ticket Giveaway
- Tiny Desk Concert: Pacifica Quartet
- Grace Notes : Composers In World War I
- Read These While They're Still Free
- Composers At War: Gustav Holst
- Ticket Giveaway: Jeffrey Siegel At The Harris Center
- Student Pianists Take The Stage In A 10-Piano Concert
- Beethoven's 'Eroica,' A Bizarre Revelation Of Personality
- The NPR Classical 50: Recordings Any Fanatic Or First-Timer Should Not Be Without
- Bookspan: Romance, Religion And Symphonic Repertoire
- Crocker Classical Concert Giveaway: Tien Hsieh
- Labor Conflict May Lock Out Met Opera Workers
- Strauss Festival Brings A Taste Of Vienna To Elk Grove
- Composers At War: Ralph Vaughan Williams, pt. 2
- Bear Valley Music Festival: Preview And Giveaway
- How The 3 Tenors Sang The Hits And Changed The Game
- Richard Reed Parry Turns Musicians Into Metronomes
- Conductor Lorin Maazel, Who Brought America To The Podium, Dies
- How To Be A Professional Triangle Player In 17 Easy Steps
- America’s Five National Anthems (1)
- Bookspan: Fantastic Franck And Gems By Gershwin
- Behind The Choral Audition : Sacramento Sings Its Heart Out
- Giveaway: Lake Tahoe Summerfest
- NPR Tiny Desk Concert: Tracy Silverman
- Can Bach Be Bad-To-The-Bone?
- Crocker Classical Concert Giveaway: Ensemble From The Camellia Symphony
- After Steering Stockton Symphony Through Tough Times CEO Kenworthy Stepping Down
- A Rhythm That Has Waltzed Away With Hearts
- An Opera Remembers The Tragedy Of An Asian-American Soldier
- A Song You've Heard A Million Times Dates Back To A Talking Dove From God
- The Concerto: A 400-Year-Old Recipe That Still Cooks
- Rafael Fruhbeck De Burgos, Versatile Spanish Conductor, Dies At 80
- A High School Band Where Everyone's Voice Can Be Heard
- NPR Tiny Desk Concert: Simone Dinnerstein
- How Do You Get Latino Kids Into Classical Music? Bring The Parents
- Kent's Classical Picks: Sumer Is Icumen In
- Composers At War: Ralph Vaughan Williams, pt. 1
- Welcome To CapRadio Music
- Insight Studio Session: Rachel Barton Pine Plays Bach's Partita No. 3 In E Major
- Bookspan: Engaging Elgar and Undervalued Dvorák