California will have a budget shortfall of some $54 billion due to the impact the coronavirus and stay-at-home orders have had on the economy.
State officials also predict a jobless rate of 18%, further dispelling any hope of a quick recovery once restrictions are lifted. We’ll talk with the California Department of Finance about it today.
CapRadio reporter Bob Moffitt also checks in on the Yuba Sutter Mall mall that opened this week despite the state’s guidance that it was too early, and a look at the value of nursing as the pandemic continues.
- Deputy Director for External Affairs at the California Department of Finance H.D. Palmer
- CapRadio Sacramento Region Reporter Bob Moffitt
- UC Davis Medical Center Chief Nursing Officer Toby Marsh
- UC Davis Medical Center Medical Intensive Care Unit Nurse Al Nutt
- UC Davis Medical Center Medical Intensive Care Unit Nurse Kelly Hamilton