Sacramento is a city where you can find award-winning coffee shops, expertly-mixed cocktails, a robust food scene, scores of craft breweries and affordable rents. The online publication Thrillist has even called Sacramento “the new Oakland.” But some people in Sacramento balk at that designation. They say Sacramento is unique, and should pride itself as such. Others say the “new Oakland” designation proves the city is heading in a good direction. In any case, Sacramento has stepped onto the national stage with a reputation for being cool. But where does the city go now?
To help sort out what Sacramento is and what it should strive to be is a panel of guests who work to shape Sacramento’s reputation on the national scene.
Barry Broome, CEO of Greater Sacramento Economic Council. The organization responsible for attracting businesses to Sacramento.
Tim Foster, Editor of Capitol Weekly
Rob Turner, Co-Editor, Sactown Magazine
- World's Best Coffee
- Happiest Place To Work
- America's Coolest Cities
- Best Places To Be Single
- Best Cities To Live And Play
- Hottest City In The U.S. For Organic Eating
- Top STEM Pay Nation
- Best U.S. Cities For Mermaids To Live
- Thrillist: Why Sacramento Is The New Oakland
- 2012: Most Miserable City In America
- HuffingtonPost.com: 12 Underground Acts You Need To Hear At Sacramento's TBD Festival