In the fourth year of drought, what kinds of plants should people be planting in their gardens for the most green per gallon? California native plants may be a good alternative for using less water on landscaping. Dan Gluesenkamp, executive director of the California Native Plant Society, and Cheryl Buckwalter, program manager for the Green Gardener Training Program at Ecolnadscape California, will join Insight.
- EcoLandscape California
- UC Davis: California Center For Urban Horticulture Workshops
- California Native Plant Society SacValley Chapter: California Native Plant Week
- Elk Grove Greener Gardens Project: Greener Garden Festival
- Roseville Greener Gardens Tour: DIY Expo and Garden Tour
- People interested in learning more about CNPS can go here or this website
- To learn more about drought and gardening, they can send an email to [email protected] and will receive information.
- To celebrate Native Plant Week local chapters are doing a variety of fun events. People can see the whole array at the CNPS event page
- There's also the Wildflower Wonders Wildflower Show, Plant Sale and Exhibition this Saturday at Soil Borne Farms 10:00-4:00. More info here.