Are you ready to hear some new recordings in the Classical music world? Capital Public Radio’s Afternoon Classical Host Cale Wiggins joins us for this week’s Sound Advice and he’s bringing a variety of new releases.
We’ll hear two pieces by Enrique Granados, as well as Elizabeth Joy Roe’s performance of John Field’s “Nocturne #7.”
Music to come in today's segment:
- 2 pieces by Enrique Granados: the Intermezzo from Goyescas, and Dance of the Green Eyes, performed by the Barcelona Symphony Orchestra (Naxos)
- Elizabeth Joy Roe’s performance of John Field’s Nocturne #7, from her second major label release “John Field: Complete Nocturnes.” (Decca)
- A 2013 composition by John Williams, For “The President’s Own,” performed by “The President’s Own” US Marine Band (Altissimo)
- Violinist Benjamin Beilman and pianist Yekwon Sunwoo with Fritz Kreisler’s Viennese Rhapsodic Fantasietta, from Beilman’s 2016 release “Spectrum.” (Warner Bros.)
- And, should we have them time, Laurel Zucker’s new recording of a William Grant Still’s Cameo: Procession of the Ants. (Cantilena)