Kevin Johnson, former NBA superstar turned Sacramento mayor, said farewell to the public eye on Tuesday for the time being.
Over his eight years in office, Johnson found himself in the spotlight for strategic accomplishments and controversies from the construction of the Golden 1 Center to the re-surfacing of sexual assault claims by a minor.
Capital Public Radio Reporter Bob Moffit has covered Johnson intensively during his tenure as mayor. He joins the Sacramento Bee’s Ryan Lillis and the Sacramento News & Review’s Raheem Hosseini for a retrospective on Kevin Johnson.
Below are articles from CapRadio, The Sacramento Bee and Sacramento News & Review related to Kevin Johnson's political career while mayor of Sacramento.
- No confetti, choirs as Kevin Johnson leaves Sacramento mayor's post
- K.J. proxy to rival: 'Why don't you just leave already?'
- K.J. realizes gang prevention strategy post-tragedy
- You're much more likely to be murdered in Sacramento if you're black
- Secret Kings arena memo debacle leads to policy tweak
- Strong mayor, weak press
- Sacramento's muddled homeless strategy
- City Hall leaderless on occupation