Does a neighborhood that eats together, stay together? That’s the impetus behind Gather: Oak Park, which begins its second season tonight. The social experience is designed to strengthen the community and includes communal tables for outdoor dining, a craft beer area, artisanal food vendors, designers, interactive art, live music and a modular kids park set up at Broadway and 3rd Avenue. We’ll talk with the founders of Unseen Heroes, a local business that teamed up with the Oak Park Business Association to present the event, which happens the second Thursday of every month through October.
- Facebook Event Page: Gather Oak Park
- Sacramento Magazine: Unseen Heroes Making A Scene
- Sacramento Bee: Duo Turn Promotional Skills Toward Community Events
- Sacramento Bee: Sacramento Pop-Up Store Plans To Stick Around
- Sacramento Business Journal: New Pop-Up Shop Opening Friday In Oak Park