Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson is having a tech problem, but not the kind that can be solved by the IT Department. Local journalists with the Sacramento Bee and Sacramento News & Review say the mayor conducted public business on a private Gmail account, and those emails belong in the public record. The mayor disagrees and filed a lawsuit to keep the emails private. For this week’s News Network, we’ll speak with Sacramento News & Review co-editor Nick Miller about getting sued by the mayor. Ben Sosenko, press secretary for Johnson, and David Pittinsky, the mayor's attorney, will also join Insight.
- Deadspin: How Kevin Johnson Destroyed A Black Mayors Group To Promote His Brand
- L.A. Times: Sacramento Mayor Moves To Block City's Release Of Certain Emails
- The Desk: Matthew Keys: Question Of Privilege Raised At Hearing Over Sacramento Mayor’s Private Emails
- Sacramento Bee: City Agrees To Take More Time Before Releasing Mayor Johnson's Emails
- Sacramento Bee: Mayor Johnson Seeks To Keep City From Releasing Emails
- California Evidence Code 954