After a few weeks, Prop. 2 has already had an impact on consumers. The price of eggs has gone up 10 to 30 percent in some California communities. We’ll talk with Dan Sumner about what consumers can expect in 2015 and what’s driving the spike in prices.
- Capital Public Radio: California Egg Standards Change January 1st
- NY Times: Cage Law Expected to Push Up Egg Prices
- Seattle Times: California cage-free laws turn up heat on egg prices
- Los Angeles Times: Egg prices likely to rise amid laws mandating cage-free henhouses
- New York Times: More Room for Chickens Likely Means Costlier Eggs