When surfing the web, it's easy to find online "super duper" wine deals. Why not go ahead and click? But our resident wine expert Rick Kushman will talk about whether these amazing deals are worth it.
Here are some tips if you do want to try them out:
- Beware a special comparison to a great winery/vineyard
- Beware of a mystery label. You can do that in a shop or restaurant where someone can explain.
- Google the winery . If doesn’t come up, you’ll know it’s their own brand, which doesn’t necessarily make it bad, but it is a risk. If it does come up, the price at the winery will be a bit high. Check stores like Total Wine, BevMo, and very good site called Wine Searcher.
- Beware minimum volume buy & If a time limit, move on.
- When in doubt, move on, or check with some wine person at some wine store or restaurant.
He'll also talk about meads, which are wines made with honey.