Mission, Vision and Core Values
Capital Public Radio's mission is to provide a trusted source of information, music and entertainment for curious and thoughtful people in efficient, sustainable ways that meet their needs while strengthening the civic and cultural life of the communities we serve.
Capital Public Radio's vision is to be a valued, vital and vibrant service that is indispensable to listeners' lives, inspires people to look at the world in different ways and capitalizes on emerging opportunities to serve our listeners/communities.
1. Our Audience Comes First
- We always strive to serve our audience better.
- We are committed to and engage our community in authentic and meaningful ways.
- We respect our audience.
2. We Embrace Change And Encourage Innovation
- We don't fear failure
- We dedicate ourselves to growth and learning.
- We embrace the evolution of public radio, strategically plan for growth & change, and work in ways that make us a model for sustainability, creativity, innovation, & excellence.
3. Anything Is Possible
- We value the power of "Why Not?"
- We aim high and push ourselves to be the best at what we do.
- We want to work with people that push themselves to be the best.
4. Together We Build An Epic Workplace
- We thrive as a workplace because we encourage diversity of thought, opinion, and perspective.
- We behave in ways that demonstrate respect for our colleagues and the community at large.
- We are inclusive, compassionate, considerate, and mutually supportive.
5. Bring Your Passion
- We work at CapRadio because we want and choose to be here and not because we have to.
- Our passion drives teamwork and collaboration.
- Passion drives us to maintain a high level of quality in everything we do.
6. Have Fun
- We never take ourselves too seriously.
- We are committed to excellence with a sense of fun.
- Fun works hand-in-hand with creativity. Humor can be a launch pad for ideas.