A UC Davis professor who has been involved with dance and black popular culture for more than 40 years has released a new memoir. "Dancing in Blackness" is the story of Professor Halifu Osumare, a dancer, choreographer, teacher, administrator and scholar. Osumare returns to Insight to talk with Beth Ruyak about her latest book and her life's work.
- Saturday, March 3, 2-4 p.m. – Underground Books, Sacramento
- Tuesday, March 6, noon-1 p.m. – Laney College Library, Oakland
- Thursday, March 8, 4-5:30 p.m. – UC Davis AA Studies, 3201 Hart Hall, Davis
- Saturday, March 10, 6:30-7:30 PM – Laney College Theatre, Oakland
- Saturday, March 17, 2-4 p.m. – African American Museum & Library of Oakland
- Tuesday, April 10, 11 a.m.-noon – San Francisco State University, Room EP 116
- Saturday, April 14, 2-3:30 p.m. – Museum of the African Diaspora, San Francisco