In the next installment of Kushman by the Bottle, Capital Public Radio’s resident wine expert Rick Kushmanjoins us to explain how the Napa earthquake this past August affected the wine industry there.
In the spirit of the Farm-to-Fork celebration, here are a handful of wines from small local wineries and local vineyards around Sacramento in every direction. I just used them at my monthly Kushman on Wine & Food event at 33rd St. Bistro and people loved them. They’re just a few of the many terrific wines grown and made this region.
- Clarksburg Wine Co., 2010 Chenin Blanc, Clarksburg
- Revolution Wines, 2013 St. Rey Chenin Blanc
- Cabana Wines, 2012 Sauvignon Blanc, Lodi
- Uphill Vineyards, 2010 Tempranillo, Amador County
- Route 3 Wines, 2011 Syrah-Viognier, Dunnigan Hills
- Putah Creek Winery, 2011 Ransom Red (Sangiovese/Syrah blend), Solano County
- Sundstrom Hill Winery, 2012 Walker Ranch Zinfandel, El Dorado County
- CapRadio's Earthquake Coverage
- Insight Coverage: Napa Earthquake
- Bottle Talk with Rick & Paul
- Rick's vineyard class at Lava Cap Winery on Sept. 13