The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids is introducing a bill in the California Legislature that would ban spit tobacco in baseball parks across the state. (Minor league ballparks already banned spit tobacco.) We’ll talk with Matt Myers about why they introduced the bill and what resistance they expect from the tobacco industry and the Major League Baseball Players Association.
- Bleacher Report: MLB: Tony Gwynn's Death and Chewing Tobacco in Baseball
- Tobacco Free Kids: Honor Tony Gwynn: Knock Tobacco Out of the Park for Good
- ESPN: A call to action: tobacco and MLB
- Huffington Post: MLB Players May Consider Discussing Chewing Tobacco Ban In 2016
- ESPN: Eliminating chew ultimate MLB goal