The Votes Are In. Here's How To Follow Along With CapRadio's Election Coverage.
On Tuesday, California voters voted in local, state and federal elections. You can find all the latest results and analysis on our Election Day live blog.
Here's where you can find midterm election coverage from CapRadio and NPR:
- Our Keys To The House podcast has background on California's battleground House of Representatives districts — most of which are too close to call.
- PolitiFact California will continue to fact check claims made by candidates and interest groups.
- Insight with Beth Ruyak will discuss the key races and issues as votes continue to be counted.
- We are providing ongoing national, California, Nevada and local coverage on our site and on-air.
- On Wednesday at 11 a.m., we will air a statewide call-in show with our California Dream partners where we get listener reaction to the election results.
- Bookmark capradio.org for updates, reaction and analysis from CapRadio and NPR.
Stories related to: Election 2018
December 14, 2018 | Ben Adler
The Secretary of State’s office has certified the results of California’s November election. The 64.5 percent turnout rate was higher than the last eight different midterm elections.
December 7, 2018
All counties with contested congressional races have released their final vote tallies, so it’s finally safe to say that Democrats swept all seven congressional seats they were targeting in the state. What does this mean moving forward?
December 7, 2018
(AP) — An investigation into whether political operatives in North Carolina illegally collected absentee ballots has drawn attention to a little-known political tool called ballot harvesting. California passed a law in 2016 allowing the practice.
December 4, 2018
On election night, few saw this result coming: Democrats managed to flip all seven California House seats they were targeting. In our final episode of Keys To The House, we discuss how this happened and what it means for the state’s two major parties
December 3, 2018 | Drew Sandsor
Sacramento County set a new record for turnout in a midterm election in 2018 as more than 68 percent of registered voters cast a ballot, up from 48 percent in 2014.
December 3, 2018 | Randol White
Measure T is currently leading by only 59 votes with very few ballots remaining to certify before Thursday’s deadline.
November 29, 2018
Podcast Producer Sally Schilling joins Insight to talk about the surprise cliffhanger in the Central Valley, where a House race originally called for Republican incumbent David Valadao now looks like it may go to Democratic challenger TJ Cox.
November 28, 2018
(AP) — Democrat T.J. Cox claimed victory Wednesday over Republican U.S. Rep. David Valadao after an updated vote count increased his lead in a California farm-belt district.
November 27, 2018
(AP) — Democrat T.J. Cox edged ahead of Republican U.S. Rep. David Valadao following an updated vote count Monday in a House race in California's Central Valley, with more votes still to be counted.