It's feeling more like spring. Many will be observing Caesar Chavez Day on March 31 and taking the day off. CapRadio has a list of family-friendly events and activities taking place in the Sacramento region during the weekend.
Knight Foundry Open House
A part of California's gold-rush history could soon function again as a working facility in one town in the Sierra Foothills aims to preserve the state's history. Read more about Knight Foundry
Eat Well, Play Well, Live Well Exhibit
Powerhouse Science Center (Discovery Museum Science & Space Center)
Exhibit runs through Friday, March 31
- Weekends/holiday admission: general ($8), youth ages 4-12 ($6), and children 3 and under (free).
$5 Fridays at the Greenhouse
The Greenhouse, Downtown
Every Friday from 12 - 5 p.m.
- Walk-in arts and crafts session for children.
Sacramento Food Film Festival
1100 12th Street, Downtown
Apr. 1 - 8
- Ticket prices vary by event. Visit the festival's website to get more information on showtimes, ticket prices, and more.
William Land Park Egg Hunt and Hat Parade
William Land Park
- An egg hunt, hat parade, music, games and prizes will be the star attractions at this event. The hat parade will be held at 10 a.m. with the egg hunt following at 10:30 a.m. Free.
River City Marketplace
1515 Q Street, Downtown
- Live music, local bites, and crafts are the focus of this market. Free.
Spring Fling at Amador Flower Farm
Amador Flower Farm, Amador
Apr. 1 - 2
- Take a free tram tour, walk through 14 acres of grounds containing 1,200 varieties of daylilies, watch gardening demonstrations, and enjoy a picnic. Free.
Easter Egg Express
Sacramento RiverTrain - West Sacramento
Apr. 1 - 15
- Come participate in an Easter egg hunt, ride the RiverTrain, and kid-friendly activities complete with a visit from the Easter Bunny. Visit the event's website to get more info.
Going West: The Story of the Transcontinental Railroad
The B Street Theatre
Ends Apr. 2
- Ticket prices: adults ($23) and children ($18). Read a review by Capital Public Radio's Jeff Hudson here.
Natomas Rabbit Run
North Natomas Regional Park
- The event will also include a bounce house as well as other fun activities for all ages. Prices as follows for the following events: 5K run ($40), 10K run ($50), and kids' run ($30).
River Play at Ancil Hoffman Park
Ancil Hoffman Park, Carmichael
- River Play begins at 12:30 p.m. with an Easter egg hunt followed by a 30-minute play and healthy snacks afterwards. Free.
Follow us for more stories like this
CapRadio provides a trusted source of news because of you. As a nonprofit organization, donations from people like you sustain the journalism that allows us to discover stories that are important to our audience. If you believe in what we do and support our mission, please donate today.