Tens of thousands of people are expected to gather in Old Sacramento over the next few days for the Sacramento Music Festival.
The Sacramento Music Festival, which used to be called the Jazz Jubilee, has expanded to include a wider range of musical acts over the years.
Pianist Bob Ringwald of the Fulton Street Jazz Band, who is also the father of actress and singer Molly Ringwald, helped to organize the original event 41 years ago.
"Sacramento was pretty much a ghost town over Memorial Day weekend and we really put it on the map and now it's an amazing event," says Ringwald.
The Fulton Street Jazz band has always performed at the festival and this year is no exception. This year's festival starts Friday and runs through Monday. It includes more than 100 bands, including Collective Soul, Matt Kearney, Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue and the Texas Tornadoes.
In the past, the festival has attracted roughly 100,000 people, and organizers are hoping to get close to that number again this year.
- 4-Day Event Pass -- Adults: Advance, $99; Day of, $110, Youth: (13-20): $50
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday Single-Day Pass -- Adults: $45, Youth: (13-20): $20
- Monday Event Pass -- Adults: $20, Youth: $15, Seniors (60 and over): $10
- Friday, May 23 - 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Saturday, May 24 - 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Sunday, May 25 - 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Monday, May 26 - 10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Schedule by band
- 20 sites in Old Sacramento
- Convention Center Area
- Deta King riverboat
- Holiday Inn in Old Sacramento
- Embassy Suites in Old Sacramento
- Hyatt Regency in Midtown
- Sheraton Grand in Midtown
- Shuttles are available between Old Sacramento and the Convention Center Area
- Parking is also available throughout downtown
- Public transit will run it regular schedule during the weekend
CapRadio provides a trusted source of news because of you. As a nonprofit organization, donations from people like you sustain the journalism that allows us to discover stories that are important to our audience. If you believe in what we do and support our mission, please donate today.