(AP) The death announced yesterday by the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department is the first reported fatality tied to California's weeklong heat wave.
A sheriff's statement says the man was found on the floor of his mobile home in Ceres south of Modesto on Tuesday night with a malfunctioning air conditioner blasting hot air at over 100 degrees.
An autopsy determined the cause was heat and other medical conditions.
CapRadio provides a trusted source of news because of you. As a nonprofit organization, donations from people like you sustain the journalism that allows us to discover stories that are important to our audience. If you believe in what we do and support our mission, please donate today.