Department: Development & Marketing
Status: Full Time
End Date: Open Until Filled
Are you an entrepreneurially-minded event strategist with the vision, communication and management skills to bring a performance venue from the final construction phase to a vibrant and inclusive community center for the region?
Would you be energized by bringing the community together through a variety of branded events and partnerships? Can you work with content creators to deliver an annual events program that will reflect, and illuminate the community through news, music and cultural offerings?
And do you have the expertise to create and implement a business plan for a public venue to reach its goal of being accessible to the community while operating in a financially sustainable manner, including presenting the space as a rental opportunity for outside organizations?
If so, then you should apply to be the Director of Events for CapRadio Live, CapRadio’s events program featuring the new Sutter Health Stage!
This is a new, full-time, exempt position. In this role you will build systems, workflows, and staff to open CapRadio Live to the public and reach its full potential over time as a tangible expression of CapRadio’s brand for current and future audiences. Your role would support CapRadio’s vision of creating a thriving cultural and community engagement center in the heart of the Sacramento region.
The ideal candidate will feel a connection with CapRadio’s public service mission and will have experience and passion for event creation and community engagement. Do you have extensive venue management experience? Are you a capable event strategist and facilitator? If this sounds like you, we want you to apply.
We’re focused on building a diverse and inclusive organization and it takes all kinds of people so if you’re excited about this role but don't meet all of the qualifications listed below, we encourage you to apply.
- Direct the vision for journalistic cultural programming at the venue – including performance space, lobby and outdoor space - in close collaboration with content creators and the Director of Strategic Partnerships. With the success of the venue in hand, external events will be woven into overall event strategy
- Manage the business strategy for the venue with a primary focus on sustainability, maintaining close collaboration with Strategic Partnerships, Marketing, Development and Corporate Support
- Build and maintain systems, workflows, vendors and staffing to allow the venue to launch and achieve its full potential over time as a vibrant representation of CapRadio’s brand to current and aspirational audiences
- Collaborate with Marketing and Strategic Partnerships to guide our approach to audience development through events
- Work with Member Engagement to move new audience members through the funnel to become supporters
- Manage the life cycle of each event by working across multiple teams on initial concept ideation, workflows and documentation, day-of-show details, post event content delivery and debriefing
- Manage the master calendar of programming and approval of all events
- Work closely with Director of Strategic Partnerships to leverage community relationships to enhance our event offerings, attract new audiences and create revenue through rentals
- Represent the venue to the public as needed to build relationships and meet public relations opportunities
- Previous experience in producing events and managing a community performance space
- Strong financial management, rental and contract negotiation skills and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrated track record in hiring and training a talented and dedicated team
- Experience with the technical infrastructure of a state-of the art performance space
- Dedication to managing a variety of projects on deadline and with strong attention to detail and pride in authorship
- Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency including Microsoft Office products, basic design platform and project management tools
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or experience preferred
Other Competencies for Success:
- Fluent with a variety of online platforms and ability to create visually arresting communications pieces that are consistent with the CapRadio brand
Remote work is temporarily available under shelter in place orders. Must be able to commute to our Sacramento, CA office once restrictions have been lifted.
The annual salary range for this position is $95,000.00 a year. CapRadio also offers:
- Medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, and acupuncture insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Flexible Vacation
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- Flexible spending plan for health and dependent care
So, you’re going to apply? Great!
Submit your resume and cover letter
Please upload your application materials here.
You can address your letter to the hiring manager for this position, Shirlee Tully, Chief Development and Brand Manager. If you have any inquiries or trouble submitting your application materials to the link, please contact us at [email protected]
Attn: Human Resources
7055 Folsom Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.