- APA California Awards of Excellence - Communication Initiative Award for The View From Here: Place and Privilege.
- Finding Common Ground Award for The View From Here: Place and Privilege.
- Edward R. Murrow Award for Hard News: Ben Bradford's "How Signature-Gathering Draws Big Bucks During Election Season."
- California Newspaper Publishers Association first place for Enterprise Reporting: California Pension Crisis collaboration with the Los Angeles Times and CalMatters.
- PRNDI award for second place in the Interview category for Insight with Beth Ruyak's Choosing The End Of Life Option.
- PRNDI award for first place in Best Multi-Media Presentation and second place in Short Documentary for Amy Quinton's It Takes A River.
- PRNDI award for second place in Enterprise/Investigation for the multi-media series investigating use of force by law officers by Bob Moffitt and Marnette Federis.
- Edward R. Murrow Award for Bob Moffitt's sports reporting, "Sacramento Boxer and Stockton Trainer Head to Olympic Trials."
- APTRA Award for Best Sports Reporting for California Kids Prepare for Steel Cage Matches by Bob Moffitt.
- Society of Environmental Journalists "Honorable Mention" for Outstanding Beat Reporting, Large Market by Amy Quinton.
- PRNDI Awards for second place in the Large Newsroom Long Documentary and Best National Edited series for The View From Here: Who Cares.
- PRNDI Award for first place in short documentary for The View From Here: Undocumented Student Feels Like An American Girl
- Clarion Award for Radio Feature Story for Up Against The Ceiling: The Push For More Women In California Politics by Katie Orr.
- APTRA Award for Best Light Feature in Radio for Sacramento Traffic 'Calming' Takes Many Forms by Ed Joyce.
- APTRA Award for Best Series Feature in Radio for The 'Deepest Straw Wins' In Central Valley Scramble For Groundwater by Pauline Bartolone.
- APTRA Award for Best Sports Reporting in Radio for Soccer Team's Goal: Show Sacramento Belongs In The Major Leagues by Bob Moffitt.
- Edward R. Murrow Award for News Documentary: For The View From Here Hidden Hunger.
- Edward R. Murrow Award for Ongoing Coverage: For the News Department's State Of Drought coverage.
- Edward R. Murrow Award for Sports Reporting: For Bob Moffitt's story about soccer in Sacramento.
- Gabriel Awards for Radio Documentary-Local Release for Who Cares
- Edward R. Murrow Award for Reporting: Hard News for Pauline Bartolone's piece on prison sterilizations.
- Edward R. Murrow Award for Reporting: Sports for Bob Moffitt's coverage of the King's opener.
- Sigma Delta Chi Awards - Documentaries (Market 1-100 or Network Syndication) - The View From Here: Austism Grows Up.
- Katie Orr and Ben Adler recognized for outstanding State Capitol Reporting, by The Washington Post.
- PRNDI Award: First Place Nationally Edited Series on Family Caregivers
and Second Place Large Market Long Documentary for Who Cares
- Second Prize in EWA’s 2013 National Awards for Education Reporting - View From Here: Class Dismissed
- Bob Moffitt recognized by The Sacramento News and Review's Best Of Sacramento People's Choice Award as one of the best reporters in Sacramento.
- Nick Brunner named best local media personality to have a beer with by The Sacramento News and Review.
- Alan Ray and Devin Yamanaka recognized for their seductive radio voices by The Sacramento News and Review.
- Society of Professional Journalists Sigma Delta Chi Award for Autism Grows Up
- Edward R. Murrow Award for Investigative Reporting for an examination of toxic contamination in Kettleman City;
- Edward R. Murrow Award for Hard News Reporting on the closure of adult day health care centers in California;
- Edward R. Murrow Award for News Documentary for the hour-long production Dealing with Diabetes and
- Edward R. Murrow Award for Sports Reporting for coverage of the Sacramento Kings' season ending game clouded by an arena controversy.
- The AHJC Award for Excellence in Health Care Journalism in the Public Health category for Dealing with Diabetes.
- 2010 Cappie Winner: RADIO - BEAT: Marianne Russ; RADIO - SINGLE REPORT: Marianne Russ, " State Parks and Marijuana"
- Edward R. Murrow Regional Award for Continuing Coverage (Radio Large Market: California, Guam, Hawaii, Nevada): Homeless In Sacramento by Ben Adler - Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA), formerly the Radio-Television News Directors Association (RTNDA)
- California Journalism Award for excellence in radio coverage of state government and politics: Marianne Russ
- Edward R. Murrow National Award for Investigative Reporting (Radio Large Market): A Different Kind Of Drug Problem (Part 2) by Kelley Weiss - Radio-Television News Directors Association
- First Place for Health Care Reporting (Radio Division): A Different Kind Of Drug Problem (Part 1) by Kelley Weiss with Joe Barr and Paul Conley - Association of Health Care Journalists
- Best Jazz Programming: Paul Conley and Gary Vercelli - PRPD ACE Awards
- Best In-Depth Reporting: Marianne Russ - Capitolbeat Association of Capitol Reporters and Editors
- "Good News" Award: Steve Milne - Sacramento American Women in Radio and Television
- Best Jazz Programming: Gary Vercelli and Paul Conley - PRPD ACE Awards
- News and Information, Honorable Mention: Paul Conley, Dina Howard, and KXJZ News Department- PRPD ACE Awards
- Excellence in Reporting on State Government and Politics: Marianne Russ and Jenny O'Mara - California Journalism Awards
- Blues DJ of the Year: Mick Martin- Bay Area Blues Society's West Coast Hall of Fame
- "Best Opportunity to Indulge in Records" : Capital Public Radio's Annual Used CD and Record Sale - Sacramento News and Review Best of Sacramento
- "Good News" Award: Steve Milne - Sacramento American Women in Radio and Television
- Mark Twain Award for Best Special Program: "Dina's Diary" - Associated Press
- Best Documentary: "Dina's Diary" - Public Radio News Directors
- Best Series, Second Place: "All About Bonds" - Public Radio News Directors
- "Good News" Award: Paul Conley- Sacramento American Women in Radio and Television
- Best Large Market Newscast- Public Radio News Directors
- Best Large Market Commentary- Public Radio News Directors
- Model of Success Award- Non-profit Resource Center
- Best Argument That You Can Go Home Again: Matias Bombal- Sacramento News and Review's The Best of Sacramento
- Cappie Silver Award: CPR Quarterly- Sacramento Public Relations Association
- DEI Major Donor Award
- Best Commentary for "Telemarketers"- Public Radio News Directors
- Audience Growth Award- Public Radio Conference
- Best Radio Documentary or Special Programming- Associated Press Television and Radio Association of California and Nevada
- Best Documentary for "Weekend Exchange: a Special Aging Experience Report"- Associated Press Television and Radio Association of California and Nevada
- Best Regularly Scheduled Radio Feature for "Aging in the Gay Community"- Associated Press Television and Radio Association of California and Nevada
- Best Radio Veterans: Gary Vercelli & Carver Barney- Sacramento Magazine
- George Foster Peabody Award for Broadcast Excellence: NPR's "Jazz Profiles" about vibraphonist Bobby Hutcherson produced by KXJZ's Paul Conley.
- PRADO Pioneer Award: Donna Apidone- Public Radio Association of Development Officers
- Best Documentary for "Healing Healthcare: Inside the Real E.R."- Associated Press Television and Radio Association of California and Nevada.
- Best Special News Programming for "Healing Healthcare: Inside the Real E.R."- Northern California Radio TV News Directors Association
- Best Investigative Reporting for "Healing Healthcare: Prescription for Change"- Northern California Radio TV News Directors Association
- Sacramento Music Awards Hall of Fame: Mick Martin for his work in the blues field- Sacramento News and Review.
- Commitment to Children in Media Award: Mike Montgomery- California Association for the Education of Young Children.
1999 and Before
- 1999- Best Late Night Radio Voice: Carver Barney- Sacramento News & Review. 1999, 1992, 1991- National Jazz Broadcaster of the Year: Gary Vercelli- Gavin Convention
- 1998- Best Connection to the Classics: The Classical Station staff- Sacramento News and Review
- 1994- Critical Achievement Award: Gary Vercelli- SN&R "Sammies."
- 1993- National Jazz Station of the Year: KXJZ- Gavin Convention.
- 1985- Ralph Award for Excellence in Programming: KXPR- Radio Research Consortium.
- 1981- Best Arts & Humanities coverage- Sacramento Spectrum producers Mark Jones & Charles Starzynski- Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
- 1981- DuPont Award: Josh Livingston's Heifetz special