The six major candidates for governor of California faced off Tuesday in San Jose for a 90-minute debate moderated by Chuck Todd of NBC and sponsored by the Silicon Valley Community Foundation.
Listen live starting at 6:30 p.m. at 90.9 FM or stream online
The candidates will take questions from John Diaz with the San Francisco Chronicle, Raj Mathai of NBC Bay Area and Paola Reyes of Telemundo 48, and KQED’s Politics and Government Editor Scott Shafer.
Appearing will be:
- Orange County Assemblyman Travis Allen
- State Treasurer John Chiang
- San Diego businessman John Cox
- Former State Superintendent of Public Instruction Delaine Eastin
- Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom
- Former Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa