We Get Support From:
Become a Supporter 
 We Get Support From:
Become a Supporter 

Folsom Fire Dept: Hoverboard Cause Of Fire In Home

Folsom Fire Department / Courtesy
 

Folsom Fire Department / Courtesy

Folsom firefighters responded to a home on Palomino Court on Saturday for a report of a structure fire. They found a burning hoverboard inside the building and put out the fire before it caused significant damage. structure. The department estimates property damage at about $5,000.

Investigators say the a new hoverboard was plugged into a wall outlet using the provided charger/transformer.
 
Defective batteries and charging systems have been identified as the cause of several hoverboard fires in recent months all across the United States.
 
Folsom City Fire Department is encouraging people to be aware of the dangers that have been reported when purchasing and using hoverboards.
 
For a list of Hoverboard safety tips go to Consumer Products Safety Commission
 
Investigators also found no working smoke detector in the home.