At issue is a parcel of land -- where an empty Macy's building currently sits -- that the city wants to obtain through eminent domain.
During a hearing Wednesday, Judge Raymond M. Cadei said he needed time to review issues raised by the property owner, according to the Sacramento Business Journal.
Among them is the claim that the city's resolution for the necessity of eminent domain only pertains to the land but not the building.
Cadei released a tentative ruling in favor of the city Tuesday afternoon. The city attorney told the Sacramento Business Journal said he expects a final ruling from Cadei in two to three days.
A Sacramento Superior Court Judge has issued a tentative ruling that will allow the City of Sacramento to go ahead with a downtown arena. There is a 9 a.m. hearing scheduled for Wednesday before the judge issues a final ruling.
Judge Raymond Cadei ruled against the U.S. Bank National Association's attempts to block eminent domain proceedings by the city for the old Macy's men's store and property at 600 K Street.
The judge says the city made a proper offer of $4.3 million to U.S. Bank and the California Public Employees Retirement System for the building and land. U.S. Bank had argued otherwise.
The City and Sacramento Kings plan to demolish the building and the Sacramento Downtown Plaza to make way for a new arena.
The judge says the City has the right to take the property by eminent domain.
The case is item number eight.
The Sacramento Kings say the "Farm To Fork" movement will be a big part of the meals served at the new arena downtown.
The City of Sacramento wants to build 137 apartments just down the street from the new arena site.
The lanes have shifted on two heavily-used streets in Downtown Sacramento because of the arena project.
Can you judge a city's economy by how much sewage it generates? The City of Sacramento says requests by new businesses for a special sewer line connection credit have already tripled this year compared to all of last year.
People with affiliations to the group Sacramento Taxpayers Opposed to Pork have filed notice they will appeal a judge's decision denying a request for an injunction blocking the downtown arena project.