Deadline: Sunday, March 17, 2019 11:59 p.m. Pacific
Capital Public Radio is a supporter of the arts. Through programming, sponsorships, rotating art exhibits, performances and more, CapRadio works to champion the artistic community within the coverage area we serve. Our annual design competition invites artists to engage with their public radio station by submitting works of art that not only are shared with our audience and members, but in turn, benefit the station through fundraising efforts.
This year's Print Radio contest focuses on music discovery from CapRadio's Hey, Listen! and the NPR Tiny Desk. We're asking artists and designers to submit poster art that incorporates the ideas of “music discovery,” “CapRadio” and “Tiny Desk.” Selected pieces will go on display at CapRadio in the spring, finalists will be celebrated at an announcement party at Canon Restaurant, and winning designs will be printed on concert swag for the second annual Tiny Desk Sacramento concert in June!
Artists are invited to compete in the “Print Radio” contest for one-time cash prizes by submitting original works reflective of “music discovery.” By submitting your designs, you agree to be included in a show if selected. Winning design(s) will be awarded a cash prize and membership recognition. Capital Public Radio will own those designs for future use and promotions. CapRadio will assume the costs of printing and hanging.
- All 2D art media (eg. drawing, painting, digital media) are welcome, however submissions will only be accepted electronically
- Size requirement: 18" wide x 24" tall. Format: PDF or 300 DPI high-resolution JPG and in CMYK color mode. Other specifications: No Bleeds. Please convert all text to outlines
- Artwork must include the Capital Public Radio logo or name within piece
- Artwork must not be used for the purposes of advertisement, marketing, political action, or presentation of content not appropriate for a family audience
- Each jpeg must be labeled as follows: first name_last name_title. eg: Jane_Doe_Fresco.png
- Entrants must live or work within the CapRadio coverage area
- Each artist may submit up to two (2) designs
- Artists may submit designs through 11:59 p.m. PDT on Sunday, March 17, 2019.
- Selected finalists are requested to submit a biographical paragraph and brief statement about each work entered
Finalists (up to 18) will be awarded $100 cash prize per selected entry and will receive a complimentary CapRadio spring fund drive branded item for the same value (in advance of the public)! Finalists' work will be displayed at CapRadio in the spring.
Pulled from finalist submissions, top winners (up to 3) will be awarded an additional $300 cash prize per winning entry and a Canon East Sacramento gift card. Winners' work will be displayed at Canon East Sacramento in May and will be printed onto CapRadio swag for the Tiny Desk Concert in June.
If you have questions, please contact Community Relations Manager Tashina Brito.