Become a Supporter
Become a Supporter
Documentary Explores 'The End Of Meat' At 5th Annual Animal Film Festival
The fifth annual Animal Film Festival returns to the Center for the Arts in Grass Valley this weekend. Presented by the Center for Animal Protection & Education (CAPE), the film festival delivers documentaries, comedies and independent films by emerging artists on a wide variety of topics connected to animal welfare.
Filmmaker Marc Pierschel shares his documentary feature "The End of Meat." He also discusses the history of a plant-based diet in Germany and the future of cultured meat.
"The End of Meat" will screen at the Guild Theater (2828 35th Street, Sacramento) tonight from 7:00 to 9:30 p.m. in Sacramento.
The 22 Official Selections for the 2018 Animal Film Festival are:
- “A Horse, A Convict, A Chance for Change” (Autumn Payne, USA)
- “The Invisible Mammal” (Kristin Tieche, USA)
- “Dogs, Cats, and Scapegoats” (Hugh Dorigo, USA)
- “Broken Trust” (Michael Kastenbaum, USA)
- “Verge” (Chingtien Chu, USA)
- “Grey Future” (Tom Gough, United Kingdom)
- “A Southern Fix” (Michael Samstag, USA)
- “Foxed” (Dora Nightengale, United Kingdom)
- “Killing Games” (Camilla Fox, USA)
- “A Place in the Garden” (Christine Ciano, USA)
- “The Profanity Peak Pack” (Brooks Fahy, USA)
- “The Elephant in the Room” (Philippa Wilkinson, Australia)
- “Patrik Baboumian: Built by Plants” (Jonathan Rosenberry, USA)
- “A Day in the Wildlife: Nature Photographer” (Dustin Trayer, USA)
- “The Walrus Whisperer” (Adrian Pop, Canada)
- “Tainted Love” (Eleanor Paish, United Kingdom)
- “Korean Dog Meat Expose” (James Hyams, South Korea)
- “Drones Expose the Milk Industry” (Mark Devries, USA)
- “Can Dogs Be Vegan” (Asher Brown, USA)
- “Alena & Gizmo” (Chee-Wei Tay, USA)
- “It’s a Potcake Life” (Evelyn Osorio Vaccaro, USA)
- “The St. Louis Six,” (Joey Julius, USA)
Sign up for ReCap
and never miss the top stories
Delivered to your inbox every Wednesday.