Updated Thursday, August 2, 1:52 p.m.
Head here for the latest information on the Carr Fire, including evacuations.
(AP) — Authorities in Shasta County say all people reported missing in the Carr Fire have been located.
Redding police on Tuesday asked for help from the public locating 20 people who were reported missing — all 20 people have since been accounted for.
The 125,842-acre blaze near Redding has destroyed 1,060 homes and killed two firefighters and four civilians. The blaze is now the sixth most destructive wildfire in California history, fire officials said. More than 1,600 structures remain threatened.
However, fire crew have gained some ground, increasing containment to 35 percent. And thousands of people were allowed to return to their homes this week.
A relative has identified one of the victims of the fire as Daniel Bush, 62.
Bush had returned to his mobile home in the community of Keswick last Tuesday after undergoing quadruple heart bypass surgery but he was unable to drive and would have needed help to evacuate when the fire came through the neighborhood on Thursday, his sister, Kathi Gaston, told the Redding Record Searchlight.
Here is video from the Carr Fire last week. Chico Firefighters and strike team XBU3000B were assigned to structure protection near Whiskeytown Lake when fire conditions forced them to retreat to a safety zone. You can hear just how strong winds were. #ChicoFD #CarrFire #Wildfire pic.twitter.com/RGHaAxgfp0— Chico Fire Department (@ChicoFD) August 1, 2018
Gaston said her brother had wanted to stay in his own home but he had spotty cell service and with the power out, he might not have gotten word of the fire.
Gaston said she couldn't get to her brother's house because, with the fire approaching, sheriff's deputies had blocked the roads and then she herself had to evacuate.
"If we'd been able to go in when we wanted to, he'd be alive right now," she said. "I'm very upset about it."
Capital Public Radio staff contributed to this report.