It's feeling more like spring. Many will be observing Caesar Chavez Day on March 31 and taking the day off. CapRadio has a list of family-friendly events and activities taking place in the Sacramento region during the weekend.
- Knight Foundry's open house will be Sunday, April 2 from 10:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Eat Well, Play Well, Live Well Exhibit
- Weekends/holiday admission: general ($8), youth ages 4-12 ($6), and children 3 and under (free).
$5 Fridays at the Greenhouse
- Walk-in arts and crafts session for children.
Sacramento Food Film Festival
- Ticket prices vary by event. Visit the festival's website to get more information on showtimes, ticket prices, and more.
William Land Park Egg Hunt and Hat Parade
- An egg hunt, hat parade, music, games and prizes will be the star attractions at this event. The hat parade will be held at 10 a.m. with the egg hunt following at 10:30 a.m. Free.
River City Marketplace
- Live music, local bites, and crafts are the focus of this market. Free.
- Take a free tram tour, walk through 14 acres of grounds containing 1,200 varieties of daylilies, watch gardening demonstrations, and enjoy a picnic. Free.
Easter Egg Express
- Come participate in an Easter egg hunt, ride the RiverTrain, and kid-friendly activities complete with a visit from the Easter Bunny. Visit the event's website to get more info.
Going West: The Story of the Transcontinental Railroad
- Ticket prices: adults ($23) and children ($18). Read a review by Capital Public Radio's Jeff Hudson here.
Natomas Rabbit Run
- The event will also include a bounce house as well as other fun activities for all ages. Prices as follows for the following events: 5K run ($40), 10K run ($50), and kids' run ($30).
River Play at Ancil Hoffman Park
- River Play begins at 12:30 p.m. with an Easter egg hunt followed by a 30-minute play and healthy snacks afterwards. Free.