Traffic and delays are anticipated in the vicinity of fallen CHP Officer Lucas Chellew's Roseville and Granite Bay funeral services Saturday, March 4.
The services for Chellew, who was killed in a motorcycle accident in the line of duty Feb. 22, will be held at Adventure Christian Church in Roseville at 10 a.m. with another service following at Bayside Church in Granite Bay at an undisclosed time.
The Roseville Police Department advises that there will be "significant traffic delays in the area throughout the morning and early afternoon" and to "plan your travels accordingly."
The department lists the following streets as being impacted by or closed for the funeral procession:
- 7:30 - 9 a.m.: Vernon Street from Lincoln Street to Brittain Street will be closed in both directions.
- 8:30 - 10 a.m.: Heavy traffic with some lane closures should be expected on the northbound portion of Galleria Boulevard and Stanford Ranch Road.
- 12 - 1:30 p.m.: Westbound Highland Park Drive from Stanford Ranch Road to Pleasant Grove Boulevard will be closed.
- 12 - 1:30 p.m.: Pleasant Grove Boulevard from Highland Park Drive to the State Route 65 onramp (southbound) will be closed.
- 12 - 1:30 p.m.: State Route 65 and eastbound I-80 will be affected by procession traffic. The procession will exit at Rocklin Road (eastbound) to Sierra College Boulevard.
- 12 - 1:30 p.m.: Sierra College Boulevard from Rocklin Road to Olympus Drive (southbound) will be closed.
A ceremonial flyover by CHP aircraft will take place after the funeral services. Residents in the vicinity of Adventure Christian Church should expect noise.
The department says that those who wish to watch the procession should do so from a safe location and, and asks that they do not stop on the freeway or block traffic lanes during the procession.
- Capital Public Radio Staff