Evacuations orders have been downgraded to a warning in the area around the Oroville Dam. CapRadio is compiling a list of advisories and street closures, which will take place to help facilitate the flow of people returning home. We will continue to update this information as it becomes available.
Orders reduced to evacuation warnings:
- Oroville Area: Downtown Oroville and Thermalito, the areas south of Lincoln Boulevard on the west side of Lincoln to Ophir Road.
- All low-lying areas around the Feather River, which includes Gridley, Biggs, Yuba City, Loma Rica, and anywhere south of Butte County along the River. We will provide more specific information later.
- All jurisdictions of Yuba County and Sutter County
The following locations will be consolidated to the Silver Dollar Fairgrounds:
- Elks Lodge, 1705 Manzanita Avenue, Chico (RVs allowed in Parking Lot)
- Neighborhood Church of Chico, 2801 Notre Dame Blvd. (no animals inside)
- East Avenue Church, 1184 East Avenue, Chico (no animals accepted)
- St. Johns Episcopal Church, 2341 Floral Avenue, Chico (small animals accepted if leashed and crated)
- Azads Martial Arts, 313 Walnut, Chico (no animals accepted)
- Grace Community Church, 2346 Floral Avenue (RVs allowed in parking lot. Small animals accepted if leashed and crated)
School closures in Butte County:
- Butte College will be open on Wednesday, February 15th.
- All schools in Butte County are closed through Friday, February 17th, except those located in Chico and Paradise. All Butte County Office of Education offices are also closed.