Update 5:45 p.m.: CAL FIRE says the Saddle Fire is now at 850 acres and 37 percent contained.
Evacuation orders and road closures are still in effect.
Evacuation shelters are set up at the following locations:
- Neighborhood Church, 2810 Notre Dame Blvd. Chico.
- Animal Shelters Small Animal – 2279 Del Oro Ave., Oroville - Large Animal – Camelot, 1985 Clark Road
Those who need assistance in evacuating and sheltering pets or animals are urged to call the North Valley Animal Disaster Group at 895-0000.
The cause of fire is still under investigation.
Original: The Saddle Fire in Butte County has grown to 840 acres as of 10:15 a.m. Tuesday and is 10 percent contained, according to CAL FIRE.
Three structures have been destroyed and another 300 are threatened.
Evacuation orders remain in effect for the following areas:
- Pentz Road from Malibu Drive to Missilla Valley Road and all roads connecting to Pentz Road.
- Concown Road from Hwy 70 to and including Jordan Hill Road, Granite Ridge Rd. and Deadwood Rd.
- Pinkston Canyon Road and all roads leading off of Pinkston Canton Road.
- Nelson Bar Road
- Pentz Road from Malibu Drive to Canyon View Drive (Paradise Zones 8 and 14).
- Pentz Road From Pearson Rd to Durham Pentz, Pearson Rd to Stearns Rd, Hwy 70 and Lunt Rd