UPDATE 5:57 a.m.: Evacuations and road closures are still in effect Tuesday morning as a wildfire continues to burn in Butte County.
The Saddle Fire, which is now 600 acres and is 10 percent contained, is located off Pentz Road and Lime Saddle Road, south of Paradise. It began Monday evening.
Mandatory evacuations are in place for the following areas:
- Pentz Road from Malibu Drive to Missilla Valley Road and all roads connecting to Pentz Road.
- Concown Road from Hwy 70 to and including Jordan Hill Road, Granite Ridge Rd. and Deadwood Rd.
- Pinkston Canyon Road and all roads leading off of Pinkston Canton Road.
- Nelson Bar Road
- Pentz Road from Malibu Drive to Canyon View Drive (Paradise Zones 8 and 14).
- Pentz Road From Pearson Rd to Durham Pentz, Pearson Rd to Stearns Rd, Hwy 70 and Lunt Rd
An evacuation shelter has been set up at Neighborhood Church, 2810 Notre Dame Boulevard, Chico.
#SaddleFire [Update] Evacuation Warning has upgraded to an Immediate Evacuation Order, Concow Road to Jordan Hill Road and Granite Ridge Rd.— Butte County CALFIRE (@CALFIRE_ButteCo) September 6, 2016