(AP) - California health officials' latest update shows no new measles cases for the first time since the Disneyland outbreak began last year - an encouraging sign that infections may be waning.
The Department of Public Health said Monday that the number of measles cases stands at 123, the same total as Friday.
The number of infections had been increasing since the outbreak linked to Disney theme parks in December. This is the first time since then there've been no new cases in the state's updates that come out three times a week.
Still, the outbreak is far from over. The health department says there needs to be two incubation periods without any new cases before the outbreak can be declared over.
Another two dozen measles cases traced to Disneyland have been found in six states, Mexico and Canada.