Forecasts are calling for heavy rains and winds starting on Wednesday. Here's a list of things to check before the storm hits:
What residents can do:
Clear debris from gutters and downspouts
Drive safely and slowly
Keep clear of downed power lines
Monitor local weather forecasts
Tie down or properly store outdoor refuse cans, lawn equipment, decorations
Inventory or create emergency preparedness kits
Do not remove manhole covers
Pet owners check to be sure pets are secure and safe
When to call:
Roadway is blocked- cannot pass through (trees on private property are owners responsibility)
Down power lines
Gutters/streets flooded making it unsafe to pass or clear
Who to call:
Sacramento County: For downed trees or branches in the roadway: call 311 or 916-875-4311.
For water or drainage issues or localized street flooding: call 916-875-RAIN.
Information on creek levels: www.stormready.org and follow the link to Stream levels (ALERT)
County Self-Service Sandbag Filling: (Open 24 hours a day, bring your shovel, sand & empty bags will be provided for residents to fill:
County Branch Center, 3847 Branch Center Rd., Sacramento CA 95827: OPEN
Sacramento Metropolitan Fire Station #112, 6801 34th St., North Highlands CA 95660: OPEN
Orangevale Community Center, 6826 Hazel Ave., Orangevale CA 95662: OPEN
Westside Park, 6555 West 2nd St., Rio Linda CA 95673: OPEN TUESDAY 12/9
Jose P. Rizal Community Center, 7320 Florin Mall Dr., Sacramento CA 95823: OPEN TUESDAY 12/9
Sacramento Metropolitan Fire Station #106, 2200 Park Towne Cir., Sacramento CA 95825: OPEN TUESDAY 12/9
Information on emergency preparedness, general information: www.sacramentoready.org
Other Utility Information:
City of Sacramento residents: For localized street flooding, downed trees/branches in the roadway: 3-1-1 or 916-264-5011.
For Sewer issues: 916-875-6730.
For life threatening emergencies, contact 911.
For electrical power outages in Sacramento County contact SMUD at 1-888-456-7683 or PG&E at 1-800-743-5000.
Find More Information on SacCounty.net
- CAL FIRE Station 33, 33752 Alta Forestry Road
- Placer County Fire Station 180: 11645 Atwood Road
- Higgins Fire Station, 10106 Combie Road
- South Placer Fire Station 17, 6900 Eureka Road
- North Tahoe Fire: Station 53, 5425 West Lake Blvd;
- North Tahoe Fire Station 52, 288 North Shore Blvd, (Intersection of Highways 267 & 28)
- Placer County Fire Station 70, Lincoln, 1112 Wise Road
- Placer County Fire Station 74, Thermalands, 8500 North Forbes Road
- Loomis Fire Station 28, 5840 Horseshoe Bar Road
- Placer Hills Fire Station 84, 16999 Placer Hills Road
- Placer County Fire Station 182, Ophir, 9405 Wise Road
- Northstar Community Services District Corp Yard, 50 Trimont Lane (off Northstar Blvd)
- Placer County Fire Station 75, Paige, 5584 Nicolaus Road
- Placer County Fire Station 100, Dry Creek, 8350 Cook Riolo Road
- Placer County Fire Station 78, Sheridan, 4952 Riosa Road
- Old Squaw Valley Fire Station, 1810 Squaw Valley Rd (at west end of valley, near lifts);
- Truckee Fire Station 92, 11473 Donner Pass Road.
- Truckee Ranger Station parking lot, 10811 Stockrest Spring Rd.
San Joaquin County:
-CapRadio News Staff