Become a Supporter
Become a Supporter
Road Closures, Parking Restrictions For Amgen Tour Of California
Sacramento city officials are urging motorists to plan ahead this weekend with downtown road closures and parking restrictions slated to begin Friday for the first stage of the Amgen Tour of California.
- 2014 Amgen Tour California Opening Gala, Friday, May 9
- 2014 Amgen Tour of California Stage 1, Sunday, May 11, 10:50 a.m.
- Lifestyle Festival, at the finish line for each stage
Downtown street closures:
- Closure of 10th Street from N to L streets: Friday, May 9, 7 p.m. - Sunday, May 11, 11 p.m.
- Limited traffic on L Street from 9th to 15th streets: Saturday, May 10, 7 a.m.
- Closure of 12th Street from J to L streets: Saturday, May 10, 7 a.m. (*Sacramento Police will allow Hyatt traffic/patrons only)
- Closure of L Street from 9th and 15th streets: Sunday, May 11, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Intermittent closures for May 11, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.: (Closures will last 20 to 30 minutes at each location. Vehicles and pedestrians will be allowed to cross the route as long as the lead race vehilce has not reached the location. Emergency vehicles are also allowed)
- West on L Street to 11th Street
- North on 9th Street
- West on F Street
- North on 7th Street
- West on Richards Boulevard
- North on Jibboom into Discovery Park
- West on Garden Highway until city limits
Downtown On-Street Parking Restrictions:
- On-Street parking downtown will be limited with 600 spaces to be marked "no parking" until Sunday evening. Vehicles parked at spots with the signs will be towed at the owner's expense.
- Parking will be prohibed on L Street from 10th to 12th; 10th from N to K; L from 10th to 9th: Thursday, May 8 to Sunday, May 11.
- No parking around the state capitol and 26 additional blocks downtown: Sunday, May 11, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- 10th Street between J and L streets will be converted to a two-way street to faciliate for parking at Capitol Garage: Saturday, May 10, 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.; Sunday, May 11
Due to the large number of spectators anticipated, the Department of Public Works also will have staff monitoring the occupancy of all City garages. As facilities near capacity, drivers will be directed to alternative parking garages. Parking Services highly recommends using the City Hall Garage at 10th and I streets, Memorial Garage at 14th and H streets, Old Sacramento Garage at 3rd and I streets, the Downtown Plaza West Garage at L and 3rd street, the Downtown Plaza East Garage with entrances on J and L streets and the Tower Bridge garage off Capitol.
Source: City of Sacramento
Sign up for ReCap
and never miss the top stories
Delivered to your inbox every Wednesday.