Council Asked To Suspend Competitive Bidding For Arena



Share | |
(Sacramento, CA)
Friday, December 06, 2013

Earlier this year, the city and the Kings were in the unusual position of joining forces with architects and developers in an effort to pitch an arena to the National Basketball Association and keep the Sacramento Kings from leaving.

Kunal Merchant with the Kings says the council needs to honor the partnership with AECOM and Turner Construction and keep the arena project on schedule.

"We're still on track for an opening in 2016 -the fall of 2016. We'll break ground on the arena in the fall of 2014," he says.

If the arena isn't complete by 2016, the NBA has the right to move the Kings out of Sacramento.

A two-thirds vote is needed for the bidding process to be suspended.

 

 

 

We Get Support From:
Become a Supporter

We Get Support From:

Become a Supporter