Thanks to everyone who made CapRadio's 2017 Next Generation Radio training week a big success.
NPR's acclaimed Next Generation Radio project trains talented student journalists annually at Capital Public Radio. Students work one-on-one with professional mentors producing first-person, multimedia stories.
2017 student/mentor teams:
- Elizabeth Castillo, Chico State worked with LaToya Dennis, Reporter, Milwaukee Public Radio.
- Nour Coudsi, UC Berkeley worked with Erika Beras, Reporter, “Marketplace” Pittsburgh, PA.
- Hilda Flores, Cal State Stanislaus worked with Michelle Faust, Heath Reporter for KPCC.
- Isabella Lord, UC Davis worked with Brian Bull, Reporter KLCC.
- Laura Tsutsui of Fresno State worked with Maria Murriel, Freelance Reporter based in Boston, MA.
- David Rodriguez of San Francisco State will work with Traci Tong, Freelance Producer, “The World”.
2017 professional staff:
- Doug Mitchell, Founder/Director, NPR Next Generation Radio, Washington, DC.
- Catherine Stifter, Managing Editor, Senior Producer of The View From Here, CapRadio
- Drew Jostad, Audio Engineer, Marketplace, Los Angeles, CA.
- Patrice Mondragon, Freelance Engineer, Denver, CO.
- Carolina Hildalgo, Visual Journalist, Saint Louis Public Radio, Saint Louis, MO
- Robert Boos, Communications Manager, Online Editor, Metropolitan State University, Minneapolis, MN.
Explore the 2015 project here: http://nextgensacstate.org/
Contact CapRadio's Chief Content Officer, Joe Barr.