2020 Contest Theme:
Your connection to public radio
As our region's NPR-member station, we know public radio can impact our community in a meaningful way. Many listeners rely on our in-depth news reporting; others appreciate our dedication to music and the arts. Through entertainment, engagement and journalism, CapRadio provides our audiences with the perspectives and human connections needed to navigate life with confidence and compassion.
How does CapRadio inspire, inform or engage you? Create an original artwork (drawing, painting, etc) or digital design that conveys your connection to public radio.
Winning designs will culminate into a 12-month calendar and reflect what public radio means to our community.
Support for Print Radio 2020 comes from:
- Art Submissions: May 13 - July 26, 2020
- Public Voting: July 29 - August 8, 2020
- Artist Notification: August 10 - 14, 2020
- Celebration Event: Mid-September (TBD)
- PAY: Winning artists receive a $250 stipend for delivery of the requirements below.
- RECOGNITION: CapRadio will celebrate winning artists in communications to our members, on the website during public voting period (August 2020), and in the calendar with a short artist biography accompanying the art piece.
- IMPACT: Artists will have participated in a regional art contest and winners will be featured in a calendar supporting CapRadio through sales and fundraising efforts.
Contest Requirements & Details
- Submissions are due by 11:59 PM PDT on Monday July 26, 2020.
- Artists must reside or work within our coverage area
- Each artist may submit up to two original artworks/designs
- Artwork/designs may be created in any medium (e.g. drawing, painting, digital art), however submissions must be in a digital, print-ready format.
- Size: 22"W x 17"H with .25" bleeds (final size: 22.5"W x 17.5"H)
- Resolution: 300dpi
- Format: PDF or JPEG and color mode set to CMYK
- Each file must be labeled as follows: firstname_lastname_title (e.g.: Jane_Doe_Joyful.jpg)
- Submissions should not break any legal restrictions (proprietary/copyright infringement) and should be appropriate for all ages and communities (is not sexual, violent or discriminatory).
- Submissions not adhering to all above requirements may be disqualified.
- Selected artists will be notified in August and asked for supplemental bio content for calendar insertion.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.