As experts begin to wrap their heads around how people can safely participate in outdoor activities, some city leaders are looking to the streets. M street — a popular bike route through East Sacramento — may become a site for Sacramento’s slow streets program, a future plan to open some roadways in the city to outdoor activities, including dining.
We’ll also hear how some county parks are dealing with increased visitors and how destinations like Tahoe are figuring out plans to welcome back visitors.
- Deb Banks, Sacramento Area Bicycle Advocates
- Steve Hansen, Sacramento City Councilman
- Ken Casparis, Regional Parks, Sacramento County
- Dr. Bradley Pollock, Associate Dean and Rolkin Chair in Public Health Sciences; Professor, UC Davis
- Jeff Cowen, Tahoe Regional Planning Association