After the series of storms that have swept through the Sacramento region, Discovery Park in north Sacramento has transformed into a temporary pond.
Flooding at Discovery Park in Sacramento, Calif.Sol Blume
The flooding put a damper on hip-hop, R&B and soul music festival Sol Blume, which was scheduled to take place at the end of April. City of Sacramento park officials told organizers they couldn’t hold the festival on the dates originally scheduled, in the interest of public safety.
In response to those safety concerns, organizers announced Friday that the festival has been rescheduled for Aug. 19 and 20. The majority of the original line-up — which is headlined by Brent Faiyaz and Bay Area-based Kehlani — is intact for the new dates, and while acts like rapper Flo Milli are no longer part of the lineup, others, from Phony Ppl to bLAck pARty, have been added.
“Our team has explored all options to keep the current dates and unfortunately, we could not find a viable alternative home this April and had to pivot to rescheduling,” the Sol Blume team said in a statement. “We are heartbroken that we had to make such a big change so close to the date. We understand this news may be received differently by each and every one of you, and respect the decisions that need to be made as a result of this date change.”
All passes already purchased will be transferred to the new dates. Two-day general admission tickets and VIP access tickets remain available to purchase, with a four-ticket limit per customer.
Here’s some information about payment options — including refunds, which must be received by Apr. 21 — and hotel rescheduling, with more on a Sol Blume website page compiling FAQs about the shift in dates. Questions can also be sent to [email protected]
Refunds and payment options:
- Lyte Private Exchange: The only official reseller of Sol Blume 2023 tickets, the platform allows attendees to sell tickets directly to friends or share links on social media to find interested buyers.
- Opt in for Sol Blume 2024: Attendees can transfer their 2023 tickets to Sol Blume 2024 without paying more and receiving a first chance to upgrade to VIP access tickets.
- Request a refund: Tickets can be refunded through filling out the refund form, which also allows attendees to make refund requests for shuttle passes. Refund requests will not be accepted after Apr. 21, and take up to 14 business days to process. The locker rental will contact attendees directly via email to ask if they’d prefer a refund or a transfer to the August dates.
Sol Blume organizers say they’re actively working with the Sacramento Hotel Association to help attendees modify hotel reservations if needed, with the following hotels having confirmed they’ll honor moving the dates:
- The Citizen
- Holiday Inn Capitol Plaza
- Westin Sacramento
- TownePlace Suites Natomas
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Natomas
- Kimpton Sawyer
- Courtyard Marriott Natomas
Organizers are asking attendees to reach out directly to hotels to make any needed changes.
Follow us for more stories like this
CapRadio provides a trusted source of news because of you. As a nonprofit organization, donations from people like you sustain the journalism that allows us to discover stories that are important to our audience. If you believe in what we do and support our mission, please donate today.