Turnstiles clicked early and often at the just-completed California State Fair, as officials say total attendance was nearly 788,000, with a single-day draw on July 18 the largest in 10 years.
The California State Fair in Sacramento wrapped up Sunday. Today, fair officials say total attendance increased 5 percent this year compared to 2014.
Nearly 788,000 people visited Cal Expo during the 17 days of the fair.
The middle Saturday of the Fair - July 18 - was the single highest paid attendance in more than 10 years at 66,469. That day also recorded the largest food and beverage sales in the history of the California State Fair with nearly $1.1 million in a single day.
Additional Numbers From The 2015 California State Fair:
- 162,144 cars parked
- 70,377 monorail rides
- 19,833 people downloaded the new State Fair App
- 56,885 new Facebook fans since June 1, 2015 bringing the total to 165,509 -- the most "liked" fair in the western United States. Twitter followers were up 28 percent from 7,093 to 9,109.
- 961,862 total unique visitors to the CAStateFair.org website since May 1,2015 and 4,091,626 page views.
- 41 people were assisted after locking their keys in the car and 38 people were provided free jumpstarts courtesy of Central Valley towing.
- 16,260 wine slushies were served in the Save Mart Supermarkets Wine Country
- 13 animals were born in the Baby Barn
- 9,873 livestock animals were on display
- $211,750 was raised in the Tractor Supply Jr. Livestock Auction to support youth
- 2,442 people watched the Official State Fair Chef's demonstrations
- 970 people took the plunge at the Bungee Jump
- 2,601 jumps in the Jack in the Box Freestyle Motocross show
- 720 guests were hypnotized on the PG&E Center Stage
- 2,100 completed Read to Ride book reports turned in for 5,000 free rides by Butler Amusements
- 2,847 lbs. of fresh food harvested from The Farm presented by Save Mart Supermarkets and donated to local food banks during fair.
- 18,492 kids completed the passport program in The Farm presented by Save Mart Supermarkets
- More than 20,000 entries judged in 19 State Fair competitions
CapRadio provides a trusted source of news because of you. As a nonprofit organization, donations from people like you sustain the journalism that allows us to discover stories that are important to our audience. If you believe in what we do and support our mission, please donate today.