Posted: September 2, 2022
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
End Date: Open Until Filled
CapRadio’s Finance team leads the station’s accounting and finance functions ensuring long-term strategies, impactful accounting and reporting activities that guide and support our station’s mission. This team champions management over the stations budget, transactions and the assets that sustain our facilities, staffing and community centered initiatives.
As the Facilities Manager you will be responsible for the facility operations of our Sacramento Headquarters and Event Venue space, as well as providing general oversite and support to other CapRadio offices. The Facilities Manager helps build a safe and productive work environment by fostering effective collaboration and work-life balance, educating staff on building and assets decisions, safety guidelines and business risks and costs. This position works closely with CapRadio’s Administrative, Technology and Events teams, as well as outsourced personnel in custodial, security, landscape services and other vendors.
We’re looking for someone who has a passion for maintaining accurate records, facilitating a clean, well-organized, and welcoming environment and who values interactions with people via phone, mail, and email. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, experience with vendor contracts and budgets, and expertise regarding building structure maintenance and project implementations. We are looking for someone who is a life-long learner, collaborative and detail-oriented.
If this sounds like you, then you should apply for CapRadio’s Facilities Manager!
We’re focused on building a diverse and inclusive organization and it takes all kinds of people, so if you’re excited about this role but don't meet all the qualifications listed, we encourage you to apply.
- Ensures daily operations of CapRadio Headquarters and Event Center and other Sacramento offices such as building structure maintenance, HVAC, energy and water management, lighting, plumbing and drainage, lift and escalator maintenance, decoration and refurbishment by effectively managing service providers and property owner relationships
- With assistance from Admin team oversees cleaning, pest control, waste disposal, recycling, furniture and office equipment purchasing, grounds maintenance, catering, and document management for Sacramento offices
- Manages building projects and maintenance budgets, insuring cost saving
- Recommends and implements space design improvements for better office experience
- Negotiates service and rental contracts
- Maintains the documentation required and provides information on company assets to Liability insurance agencies. Point of contact for Liability insurance
- Ensures compliance with government health and safety standards. Serves as a Safety Committee Chair, insuring effectiveness of Safety Committee actions and input
- Oversees security services and visitors’ security system
- Ensures that all CapRadio buildings are compliant with Fire regulation, point of contact for inspections
- Serves as a liaison to Sacramento PD and other security agencies
- Working with Events team provides operational support for events, by contracting and scheduling moving services, custodian and security services and overseeing the contracted staff during the event
- Assists Technology team in ensuring facilities support during live broadcasts
- Serves as Risk Management officer: administers annual Risk Assessment Survey and User Access Review
- Maintains company vehicles according to safety standards
- Provides general support to other offices, by advising management and admin staff on facilities issues, helping with contract negotiations, partnering with Facilities Management
- 4+ years facility OR property management experience with demonstrated ability to exercise proper judgment
- Knowledge of standard commercial real estate, leases, business, and accounting practices
- Proven track record of excellent internal and external customer service
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Ability to multitask and work without direct supervision.
- Superior internal-client relationship management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally
This role is deemed essential and will require an on-site presence at least 90% of the time. You must be able to commute to our Sacramento, CA office. We’re open to discussing a hybrid schedule that would include occasional remote work approximately 10% of the time.
CapRadio has a mandatory vaccination policy for Covid-19. Reasonable accommodation is available for those with a medical condition, disability, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
The compensation for this role is $70,000-90,000 annually. CapRadio also offers:
- Competitive medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, and acupuncture insurance
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid holidays
- Flexible Vacation
- Two weeks of flexible, accruable paid time-off
- Paid sick leave
- Long-term disability and group life insurance
- Flexible spending plan for health and dependent care
Please upload your resume and cover letter.
You can address your letter to the hiring manager for this position, Rocio DeValk, Director of Finance. If you have any inquiries or trouble submitting your application materials to the link, please contact us at [email protected].
Attn: Human Resources
7055 Folsom Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.