Help Desk Technician I (Part-Time)
Posted: December 30, 2021
Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt
End Date: Open Until Filled
The Information Technology team at CapRadio establishes and maintains channels of vital inner-station communication necessary for the CapRadio team to serve our audiences and sustain public radio. We support our teammates and the mission of CapRadio by issuing equipment and software, providing user support, answering questions, and encouraging cohesiveness at CapRadio through the use of technology.
As a Help Desk Technician I (HDT I) part-time, your primary duties will be to promptly and courteously respond to support requests made by on-site and remote employees providing the highest level of service to ensure a resolution. Typical tasks include configuring, deploying, and maintaining workstations and laptops, maintaining IT documentation, troubleshooting hardware and software issues and operating the CapRadio Service Desk. You will be instrumental in ensuring accessibility to technology at the station and will provide an in important link of communication between the Information Technology team and CapRadio as a whole.
We’re looking for someone who has a passion for technology and expresses that passion by making technology accessible for others.
If this sounds like you, then you should apply for CapRadio’s Help Desk Technician I!
The ideal candidate will be good at understanding technical issues and communicating information and resolutions to staff members. We are looking for someone who is a life-long learner, collaborative and detail oriented.
We’re focused on building a diverse and inclusive organization and it takes all kinds of people so if you’re excited about this role but don't meet all of the qualifications listed below, we encourage you to apply.
- Provides timely and efficient end-user support and services using tickets, chats, email, and/or phone based on standard operating procedures and assessment of issue urgency
- Effectively troubleshoots hardware and software issues based on end-users’ requests, escalating in a timely manner when appropriate
- Takes preventive, restorative, or maintenance actions to help resolve end-user issues related to CapRadio workstations and laptops
- Completes timely documentation of end-user interactions and requests in a timely, accurate, and complete manner using Zendesk (CapRadio Service Desk)
- Maintains accurate IT documentation within Help Desk Knowledge Base (KB) articles.
- Tracks ticket resolution and escalates tickets or end-user requests, as necessary
- Properly provisions, moves, or reinstalls workstations, laptops, and telephones as needed
- At least one year of proven positive experience as a Helpdesk Technician or related IT service roles
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated history of understanding and managing computers and networks
- Able to work collaboratively as a team member as well as independently, as appropriate
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills
- Knowledge of:
- Microsoft Windows 7/10 and Server 2008/2012/2012 R2/2016/2019
- Microsoft Office Suite 2010/2013/2016/2019/365 and macOS versions.
- Antivirus (Symantec, Windows Defender)
- Basic Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, subnetting)
- Remote Control technologies (VPN, RDP/MTSC, GoToAssist)
- Documented current certifications in COMPTIA, A+, Network+, Security+ are not required but preferred
- Typing proficiency of at least 45 WPM
- Must be a licensed driver, insurable with own transportation, able to work remotely at any time, and be available/on call when requested.
Although we’re open to discussing a hybrid schedule that would include occasional remote work, this role is deemed essential and will require an on-site presence. You must be able to commute to our Sacramento, CA office.
After the pandemic, this position requires you to work on-site from our Sacramento office, with the possibility of working from home up to 10% of the time per week.
CapRadio has a mandatory vaccination policy for Covid-19. Reasonable accommodation is available for those with a medical condition, disability, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
The hourly compensation for this part-time role is $23 - $25 per hour. CapRadio also offers:
- Flexible working hours
- Stipend for internet connection while remote
- 24 hours of sick time-off
- 401 K retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet insurance
How to Apply
You can address your cover letter to the hiring manager for this position, Josh Howard, Manager of Information Technology. If you would like additional details about the role or have questions about application process, please email [email protected]
Attn: Human Resources
7055 Folsom Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.