Studio Operations Technician, NSPR
Posted: November 19, 2021
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
End Date: Open Until Filled
CapRadio’s Technology crew heralds the knowledge that makes NSPR and CapRadio, Radio. This team is the human connection behind the audioboards, radio towers, studio equipment, computers, network systems and station operations that drive the work we do as a radio station and uplift our ability to connect with, and reach, the communities we serve.
As a Studio Operations Technician, NSPR you will support the Chico, CA station’s program development and functionality by assisting with the day-to-day operations, logistics, program production, automation and the systems maintenance that makes our broadcast reliable. Typical tasks include implementing new systems and procedures, collaborating with other team members and supporting station broadcast initiatives. Occasional overtime and irregular hours will be required for this role, particularly during breaking news events, deployments or updates of software or hardware, and during preparation and execution of live-broadcast, music and fundraising events.
We’re looking for someone who has a passion for the technical innerworkings of a broadcast station with a demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities. This role requires the aptitude for identifying and delivering an audience-first centered broadcast presentation providing the best possible listening experience to our communities over the airwaves.
The ideal candidate will understand audio signal patching and routing for show functions and will have at least one year of demonstrated success in broadcast studio technology.
If this sounds like you, then you should apply for Studio Operations Technician, NSPR!
We’re focused on building a diverse and inclusive organization and it takes all kinds of people so if you’re excited about this role but don't meet all of the qualifications listed below, we encourage you to apply.
- Efficient operation of broadcast audio console and control room operations for regularly scheduled and pre-recorded broadcasts
- Support for live breaking news. Due to nature of live news events, this work can be required with little notice or preparation, as little at 60 minutes
- Ensure studio technologies, broadcast schedule, broadcast automation, remote guest AV conference and phones are operational for News and Music broadcasts
- Operate and troubleshoot studio Technology equipment and systems and assist others in the same
- Prepare and distribute locally originated and network program material utilizing DAD Enco and Adobe Audition, DAD Enco Studio Automation playlist creation and editing
- Production of programming and promotional elements, such as Voice, Music and Programming files in DAW and ingest into broadcast automation system of studios and systems for fundraisers, such as ensuring all equipment is fully operational and ready for use
- Some overtime and irregular hours during breaking news are expected
- May be assigned to on-call duties such as monitoring stations for silence or automations problems overnights and weekends
- Majority of work performed in studios, social distancing possible except for fund drives and breaking news events
- At least one year of demonstrated success in broadcast studio technology
- Strong understanding of audio signal patching and routing
- Demonstrated ability to work under a tight deadlines in a dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
CapRadio and NSPR have a mandatory vaccination policy for Covid-19. Reasonable accommodation is available for those with a medical condition, disability, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
This role is deemed essential and will require an on-site presence at least 90% of the time. You must be able to commute to our Chico, CA office. We’re open to discussing a hybrid schedule that would include occasional remote work approximately 10% of the time.
After the pandemic, this position requires 90% on-site work from our Chico, CA office, with the possibility of working from home up to 10% of the time per week.
Salary and Benefits
The hourly compensation for this role is $46,500-$52,000 per year. CapRadio and NSPR also offer:
- Competitive medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, and acupuncture insurance
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid holidays
- Flexible Vacation
- Two weeks of flexible, accruable paid time-off
- Paid sick leave
- Long-term disability and group life insurance
- Flexible spending plan for health and dependent care
How to Apply
So, you’re going to apply? Great! Please share with us:
- Your resumé
- A cover letter
Your application materials should be sent to the apply link on this page. The cover letter can be addressed to the hiring manager for this position, Frank Maranzino, Director of Technology. If you have any inquiries or trouble submitting your application materials to the link, please contact us at [email protected]
Attn: Human Resources
7055 Folsom Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.