Member Engagement Associate (Part-Time)
Posted: June 3, 2021
Department: Member Engagement
Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt
End Date: Open Until Filled
The Member Engagement team at CapRadio is the human connection between the station and its audience and strives to strengthen members’ passion for sustaining public radio. We support our members by tracking donations, providing receipts, answering questions, and encouraging listeners to financially support all CapRadio does for our community.
As a Member Engagement Associate your primary duties will be to support member engagement efforts including fundraising via on-air, direct mail, email and telemarketing. Typical tasks include fundraising, data processing and member/listener relations. You will be ensuring accurate financial accounting of gifts made to the station, maintaining member records, and providing an in important link of communication between the station and its members.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for fundraising and donor engagement, and is comfortable and adept at asking individuals for financial contributions.
If this sounds like you, then you should apply to be CapRadio’s Member Engagement Associate!
The ideal candidate has strong communication skills to serve our members/listeners, understanding of fundraising and data processing, and the ability to ensure accuracy in their work. We are looking for someone who is a life-long learner, collaborative, and detail oriented.
We’re focused on building a diverse and inclusive organization and it takes all kinds of people so if you’re excited about this role but don't meet all of the qualifications listed below, we encourage you to apply.
- Member/Donor fundraising activities:
- Accurately enters data in the database
- Efficiently performs mail merges, printing and distribution of thank you letters
- Completes outbound calls to members in a professional manner as directed
- Receives inbound calls from members and listeners and resolves their requests cordially and efficiently
- Provides excellent customer service via email
- Keeps donor data secure
- Assists with mass email projects and thank you gift fulfillment as directed
- Must be comfortable and adept at asking individuals for financial contributions.
- Must be able to address customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Raiser’s Edge experience, or similar donor database experience.
- Strong team player, working collaboratively within the department and across the organization.
- Mass email software experience, such as Constant Contact or MailChimp.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Remote work is temporarily available under shelter in place orders. During the pandemic this position is remote, with a possible occasional day in the office. Training is offered remotely, and meetings are conducted via video calls.
After the pandemic, this position requires you to work on-site from our Sacramento office, with the possibility of working from home up to 20% of the time per week.
The hourly compensation for this role is $17-18.00 per hour CapRadio also offers:
- Flexible working hours
- Stipend for internet connection while remote
- 24 hours of sick time-off
- 401 K retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet insurance
So, you’re going to apply? Great! Here are the steps:
Submit a cover letter and resume, as one PDF, to [email protected]. You can address your cover letter to the hiring manager for this position: Jennifer Halm, Director of Member Engagement.
Attn: Human Resources
7055 Folsom Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.