Senior Editor, NSPR News
Posted: September 2, 2020
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
End Date: Open Until Filled
CapRadio (Capital Public Radio), Sacramento’s award-winning public media organization, is looking for a full-time Senior Editor to join our North State Public Radio (NSPR) team in Chico, California. As NSPR’s Senior Editor, you will guide the news team, supporting the mission, vision, and high ethical standards of our organization. Under supervision from the NSPR General Manager, you will direct planning, production, and presentation of multiplatform news content for NSPR. You will oversee the news staff including reporters and on-air news hosts, and help define and maintain ethical editorial, artistic, and technical standards for news content on all platforms. The Senior Editor assists with news programming decisions, news operations, and ensures efficient operation and integration with the CapRadio content team.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive organization and it takes all kinds people so if you’re excited about this role but don't meet all the qualifications listed below, we encourage you to apply.
Position duties will shift on occasion, but largely include:
- Assigns and edits daily radio news stories
- Plans, develops and edits feature-length radio stories
- Plans, develops and edits content for digital and other platforms
- Delivers spot and feature stories, two-way interviews, digital content, and makes appearances on NSPR, CapRadio, and network programs as needed
- Manages News Department staff
- Regularly connects with CapRadio, CA Newsroom, NPR, and other CA and National outlets as needed
- Helps define and maintain ethical, editorial, artistic, and technical standards for News content on all platforms
- Ensures efficient and productive operation and integration with the CapRadio content team
- Conducts newsroom meetings
- Substitutes as host/anchor as needed
- Participates in on-air fundraising and other NSPR fundraising activities
- Several years of newsroom experience, preferably as an editor
- Strong editorial and audio-digital story production skills
- A high-level of news judgment
- Radio or audio experience is a plus
- Team building and strong social skills
- A passion for public radio news and programming
The salary is $55,000-$62,000 annually.
- Medical, dental, vision, chiropractic and acupuncture insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Group Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Flexible Vacation
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- Flexible spending plan for health and dependent care
Submit your application to: email@example.com.
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.