Posted: July 24, 2020
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
End Date: Open Until Filled
CapRadio, Sacramento’s award-winning public media organization, is looking for a Part-time Interactive Producer to join our Digital team. As a Part-time Morning Interactive Producer, you will be part of a four-person team. Managing Editor for Digital, Chris Hagan is the hiring manager for this position.
Our team oversees content production for our digital platforms, including CapRadio.org, social media, our ReCap newsletter, and other channels. This includes work with CapRadio News and CapRadio Music. On any given day you will be managing our social media channels, writing, and posting breaking news stories, working with other reporters to prepare their stories for the web, or pitching and working on your own projects.
The Part-time Morning Interactive Producer posts to our social media accounts from 7-11 A.M., writes and posts breaking news stories to our website, and works with our morning talk show, Insight. This position will be fully remote, however, being in the Sacramento area or California is preferred.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive organization and it takes all kinds people so if you’re excited about this role but don't meet all of the qualifications listed below, we encourage you to apply.
What We're Looking for In A Teammate
We are looking for someone who has excellent news judgement and is passionate about community engagement, local news, and digital storytelling. Someone who loves working as part of a team and collaborating. And someone who is always looking for new ways to inform and inspire our audience.
Position duties will shift on occasion, but largely include:
- Engage with CapRadio’s audience throughout the morning across social media and other platforms.
- Create, post and curate digital content for our website and social media, including breaking or developing stories.
- Build digital elements to enhance stories such as photos, videos, maps, data visualization, playlists, galleries, etc.
- other newsroom and NSPR/CapRadio duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a similar capacity preferred
- Excellent news judgement and a passion for community engagement, local news and digital storytelling; multimedia production, including photo, video and audio; ability to work well in a creative and collaborative setting; text editing and grasp of Associated Press style; understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field or experience preferred
The salary is $20 per hour. The position is hourly, approximately 20 hrs a week. The work schedule is typically Monday through Friday from 7 a.m to 11 a.m. Schedule may change depending on the priorities.
- Dependent Care FSA
- 24 hours of sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training and instruction
- Pet insurance
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. You can address your cover letter to the hiring manager for this position, Chris Hagan, our Managing Editor, Digital Content.
In your cover letter, please include:
- Why you are interested in joining CapRadio
- Your experience working with social media
- An example of how you have handled a breaking news situation
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.