Wynton Marsalis World-renowned jazz composer Wynton Marsalis and the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra will be playing the music of Duke Ellington, Count Basie and Thelonious Monk at the Center for the Arts in Grass Valley Friday, March 7. Capital Public Radio’s Jazz Music Director Gary Vercelli spoke to Marsalis ahead of the concert in Grass Valley and asked about some of Marsalis’ unconventional collaborations with artists like Willie Nelson and Eric Clapton.
- Bright Lights Big City” Willie Nelson and Wynton Marsalis
- “Layla” Eric Clapton and Wynton Marsalis
- “Four in One” Wynton Marsalis playing Thelonious Monk
- “Mood Indigo” Wynton Marsalis playing Duke Ellington
- “One by One” Wynton Marsalis and Art Blakey
- “J Mood” Wynton Marsalis
- “Van Gogh” Ted Nash
- “Koto Song” Dave Brubeck Quartet
- “Thelonious” Wynton Marsalis playing Thelonious Monk
CapRadio provides a trusted source of news because of you. As a nonprofit organization, donations from people like you sustain the journalism that allows us to discover stories that are important to our audience. If you believe in what we do and support our mission, please donate today.