Today on Insight, how the state is handling statewide power outages during the heat wave. Plus, a larger look at the 100th anniversary of the ratification of the 19th Amendment, guaranteeing and protecting women's constitutional right to vote. We discuss the history that led to this moment and how things have changed since.
- Public Information Officer for the California Office of Emergency Services, Bryan May, checks in on how the state is handling statewide power outages during the heat wave
- Washington Post Political Reporter and author of “The 5-Minute Fix” newsletter, Amber Phillips, navigates the first night of the virtual Democratic National Convention
- PolitiFact California Reporter, Chris Nichols, with an overview of the career of presumptive Vice Presidential nominee Kamala Harris
- Sacramento State history professor, Mona Siegel, talks us through suffragette movement and how the 19th Amendment was ratified
- Former Sacramento Mayor, Heather Fargo, discusses her career in politics and what this anniversary means to her
- Lieutenant Governor of California, Eleni Kounalakis, details her political career and addresses the power outages affecting cities across the state