Marketing & Events Internship
Posted: September 23, 2019
Join Capital Public Radio’s dynamic Marketing Team. CapRadio offers a semester-length (or longer) Marketing and Events Internship to enthusiastic and motivated applicants. Responsible for growing our audiences across all platforms and attracting loyal support from our members, the Marketing and Events Intern will support projects integral to our overall marketing strategy. This internship covers a breadth of marketing functions including communications, partnership development, event support and metric analyzation and reporting.
- Create strategic social campaigns and craft content based on content and marketing initiatives
- Pull reports and analyze data trends to asses digital marketing efforts
- Research and update media lists and draft press releases and editorial content
- Create and proof basic graphics for internal and external use
- Identify sponsorship opportunities and draft agreements
- Learn the basics behind CapRadio’s signature events and work alongside our staff while acting as brand ambassador
- A demonstrated ability to become a strong writer, noting audience and voice
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Drive
- Proven organizational skills, with strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy in reporting and presentations
- Experience with basic graphic design and web-based design platforms like Canva
- Experience making phone calls to and emailing with business professionals
- Experience with web/social media management and measurement tools
- A motivated self-starter who works well independently and with teams in a dynamic environment
- A thoughtful and creative mind who brings ideas to the table
- Experienced with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, or Advanced PPT
- Knowledge of basic HTML, graphic design, WordPress, Adobe Creative Cloud, video editing, and/or photography
- Interns must be students. Candidates should be able to work up to 16 hours per week and be available some weekends and evenings. The ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds. Internships approximately run the duration of one semester.
To apply for an internship, submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In your submission, please consider the following questions:
- Why are you interested in an internship at Capital Public Radio?
- How do your relevant classes and work experience relate to the internship position you are applying for?
- What do you hope to gain from your internship?
- What can Capital Public Radio hope to gain from you?
- How do you plan to use the skills you develop at Capital Public Radio in the future?
Supporting Material (optional)
Please supply any relevant supporting materials such as writing samples or design samples if required.